PDA

View Full Version : Christmas presents.

Sturdee
10th December 2011, 02:30 PM
Rather then buying this year I decided to make my Christmas presents on the lathe.

Since the WWW Show I have been experimenting in making pendants, using the pendant mandrel, first in wood then in acrylics and now in corian. I also have been learning how to make some pens so here are the results.

For my beloved I made an acrylic pendant, an acrylic pen and pencil and a corian double desktop set. As she is partial to green the pen, pencil and pendant is made of green as per photo 1.

For my other daughter I made a travelling mug, an acrylic pendant and a corian pendant done in Richmond colours as per photo 2.

For my MIL I made an acrylic pendant and a corian pen as per photo 3.

For my FIL I made a corian pen desk set and an corian pen in Collingwood colours as per photo 4.

Enjoy.

Peter.

BTW I can't say if I made any for Michelle, or show them, for she reads all my posts.:D

sturina
11th December 2011, 11:27 AM
Very nice set of gifts, I'm sure they will all love them!

artme
11th December 2011, 12:55 PM
Great looking gifts Sturdee!! :2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

I'm sure they will be much appreciated and loved.

Ad de Crom
11th December 2011, 09:03 PM
Peter, this is the right time of the year for making Christmas presents, I'm busy with the same.
It's really wonderful
Ad :2tsup:

Sturdee
11th December 2011, 09:23 PM
Thanks guys for the comments. I have finished the presents just needs wrapping.

So today cleaned up the workshop put all the tools away, cleaned the floors and workbench and moved the corian I've collected to the woodstore.

Nice and tidy for the next burst.:D

Peter.