PDA

View Full Version : Opinion

Scott
6th January 2012, 09:43 AM
I'm not sure what to make of this. Horrified, amused or plain stupid? I was waiting for the gouge to whack him between the legs.

Woodturning with 150hp lathe -Crazy Canadian Woodworking - YouTube

RETIRED
6th January 2012, 09:54 AM
Very funny. Loved the swivel head.

This bloke has a number of videos that send up woodworkers.

I think he takes all risks into consideration before doing it.

If you heed his warning at the beginning and treat it as an amusing send up you have no problems.

Scott
6th January 2012, 10:00 AM
Yeah, it's pretty funny. The episode where he splits a Californian Red with a panel saw is pretty good (especially when he cr*aps himself).

cookie48
6th January 2012, 03:56 PM
You have to admit, he is good for a laugh.

Sawdust Maker
6th January 2012, 08:10 PM
solid tool rest!

wood hacker
6th January 2012, 08:47 PM
solid tool rest!

Yeah but he had it set alittle high for that gouge don't ya think.:U

Allan at Wallan
6th January 2012, 09:05 PM
He might have trouble turning a pen with such a
giant wobble happening.:D

Allan

dr4g0nfly
7th January 2012, 09:09 AM
I was pleased to see he finally put on some eye protection - even if it was only for the sanding!

D.A Hageman
7th January 2012, 02:46 PM
thats not a bowl its hardly a platter you must think ya pretty big time what a stupid thing to do show me the drawing or cant u draw probably not ive never seen such poor technique like that before if u came up to me thinkin ur great id have to punch u

RETIRED
7th January 2012, 02:59 PM
Simmer down DH.

Sturdee
7th January 2012, 03:04 PM
thats not a bowl its hardly a platter you must think ya pretty big time what a stupid thing to do show me the drawing or cant u draw probably not ive never seen such poor technique like that before if u came up to me thinkin ur great id have to punch u

:? :? :? :? :?

:unsure: if you are sending us up, like the YouTube video creator, or if you are serious. If serious, lighten up and enjoy a good laugh.

Peter.