PDA

View Full Version : Woodturing Galleries in New Zealand

Dinki Di
21st January 2012, 07:38 PM
Hello to everyone in the forum .
Off to the North Island in New Zealand soon so I hoping that some of you guys can tell me of some really nice woodturning places etc .
Can I bring back any wood products from NZ or will I have problems with Quarantine and Customs???? . I know about the shop at Dargaville Kauri Coast Thank you Gaetano M

hughie
21st January 2012, 10:40 PM
Your better off making contact with a turning club. The only one of any size is the South Auckland Club

South Auckland Woodturners Guild Inc. (http://www.sawg.org.nz/wordpress/)

turnerted
22nd January 2012, 04:24 PM
Provided the timber is sound clean and has no bark ,borer or grub holes you should be fine . Just make sure you declare it to quarantine .
Ted

corbs
22nd January 2012, 06:19 PM
I'm heading over in Apr/May too on a sleek grey messenger of death so plenty of places to stow some nice (clean and bark removed) turning blanks... I'm interested in any replies that come up in here hence my reply to the thread :wink:

Willy Nelson
22nd January 2012, 08:11 PM
Hello Corbs
You can't have turned all the timber we gave you from your last trip to WA as I haven't seen many photos.
To make more room onboard, I always ate seconds and launched as many torpedoes, bullets and missiles as I could.
Cheers
Willy
Jarrahland

I'm heading over in Apr/May too on a sleek grey messenger of death so plenty of places to stow some nice (clean and bark removed) turning blanks... I'm interested in any replies that come up in here hence my reply to the thread :wink:

Mulgabill
22nd January 2012, 08:15 PM
As hughie suggested the South Auckland Woodturner Guild a good contact, Check their web site for contact details .
Reports from my fellow Club members who have visited, say it is a very active group, they make even Aussies very welcome and have great timber contacts.

Terry Scott is a very active member, when he is in the country that is.:roll:

Dinki Di
22nd January 2012, 10:09 PM
Thank you every one I’ve send an email to the President fingers crossed I’ll get a reply with a few nice places to visit and meet a few wood turners

Cheers Gaetano