PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Australia Day Pen Swap - Draw etc

Pages : [1] 2 3

Sawdust Maker
26th January 2012, 07:15 AM
:NZ3:

Good morning Ladies and Gents
Happy Australia Day
Pairings are below (judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into)*
If you need an alphabetical listing click on this excel spreadsheet 196016

Next step: contact your swap partner and get penmaking
[First clean out your PMs so your partner can contact you! :((]

Now the pairings:

salty72 - MarineRaider
bookend - woodminister
Ironwood - Snyiper
BlackbuttWA - melski
Rippa - Todd Gengelbach
Ironwood - Mike in Nanaimo
Jack.Tar - workinginwood
Sawdust Maker - Eborraga
Gezawa - Atherton Pens
gawdelpus - qballizhere
CeeGee - Boxerman
Dorno - Don Nicholas
AuS MaDDoG - USNR'03
mkypenturner - PTownSubbie
Nai84 - Whaler1
Mick61 - SloLouie
WM460 - Seamus7227
Big Shed - leviblue
Grommett - ssagn
Mrs Woodpecker - flash880
wood hacker - MrPukaShell
aussiepens - Coysquibbly
Christos - IowaYank
AuS MaDDoG - valealbert
mannum3 - prophetmkr
bench1holio - Seer
Bupton - pizwiz
Ozceltic63 - burlman
HazzaB - IowaYank
bdar - toddlajoie
Touchwood - MSGMP
WM460 - sumterdad
Paulphot - Michigan Mike
Sawdust Maker - Jeff in Indiana
cookie48 - ciscokid
Fireman sam - dalecamino
GeoffW89 - firewhatfire
Woodenink - Bellsy
stevo81 - rhossack
sturina - handyrn
David Mitchell - Crickett
Brett Hammond - RickG
Grommett - W5BRW
keltrader - mackc
Simomatra - SDB777
Pariss - Spanky239
minus459 - EastCoastCT
esta - Phil Hansen
Penpal - its_virgil
BoomerangInfo - ve3bax
cookie48 - cwolfs69
seriola - hunter-27
Woodenink - justturnin
Allan at Wallan - quister
sjt - Live2Dive
minus459 - QC Inspector
Gezawa - Phunky_2003
WoodWriteOz - Smitty37
watsrags - tfjumr
gawdelpus - Mr Vic
seriola - epimenio
Touchwood - Bitshird
GeoffW89 - CeeGee
Fireman sam - WoodWriteOz
BlackbuttWA - mkypenturner
bdar - Paulphot
salty72 - Mrs Woodpecker
HazzaB - Nai84
sjt - stevo81

A reminder from the invite:

After the draw is made contact your partner, make a pen and send it post haste, blanks can also be exchanged if desired, that's between you and your partner. The swap is open to all styles of pens, discuss with your partner. Please complete all swaps by 31st March 2012

When your partner's swap is received, take a photo and post to the forum (and brag about the nice wood you've received). We'll set up another thread for these photos etc (on second thoughts post them here it got confusing last year)

Keep in contact with your swap partner, we all know stuff happens, communicate if there is a delay.

:fineprint: NEW Rule: If you didn't complete your part of the swap last year then you cannot join in. If you nominate for this swap and don't complete, you will be precluded from participating in any future swaps. :((

Remember if you have any problems, difficulties, disasters etc please contact me. And keep in contact with your partner, stuff happens but if we know than leeway etc can be given. There is nothing more frustrating than silence.

And many thanks to all those whom put up their hand to do an extra pen to balance the numbers!
We ended up with 111 individuals, 50 Aussies and 61 mates from offshore! With a total of 69 individual swaps (wow 138 pens!)

OK go forth and mastercraft some great pens :)

* The pairings were completely randomised using the secret magic of microsoft excel. If anybody wants the secret, PM me and I'll tell you, but than your house will be under surveillance from some seedy looking guys from some spy agency.

IowaYank
26th January 2012, 08:11 AM
I contacted both of my pen mates Christos and HazzaB. I know that it will be as much fun as last year.

corbs
26th January 2012, 08:31 AM
Happy Australia day everyone... well done to Nick and all the others behind the scenes that got this years swap up and running. Unfortunately I can't join in this year due to work and I don't want to put myself in the position of leaving someone without a pen. This will be the first Australia Day swap that I have missed out on:no:, but I have received some awesome pens and blanks and been in contact with some great people all over the world. Best of luck to everyone with their swaps and I look forward to seeing what everyone comes up with:2tsup:

Simomatra
26th January 2012, 08:43 AM
Happy Australia Day All, many thanks Nick for doing such a great job and keeping the tradition going.

I have sent a PM to my partner

Big Shed
26th January 2012, 08:58 AM
Have contacted my partner, leviblue.

BoomerangInfo
26th January 2012, 09:25 AM
It's Australia Day already? My partner contacted me, otherwise I would have forgotten completely. That's the problem when you only work a couple days a week, you never know what day it is :)

Thanks for organising the swap Nick, now to put the thinking cap on about what to make...

epimenio
26th January 2012, 09:27 AM
Whoo hoo it's here!
PM sent

Scott
26th January 2012, 10:02 AM
Excellent, thank you! PM sent to my partners, looking forward to this.

Happy Aus day everyone :)

mick61
26th January 2012, 10:02 AM
Sent pm to Slolouie.
Mick:D

PenTurner
26th January 2012, 10:21 AM
PM's sent to Bellsy and Justturnin:2tsup::2tsup::), thanks for the background work Nick, Amos:2tsup::2tsup::)

watsrags
26th January 2012, 10:33 AM
my swap partner "tdjumr" got in contact already reply sent pen ready to go .
love these pen swaps, well run by the organizer and many thanks to him

Bellsy
26th January 2012, 11:03 AM
PM and email received.

Let the fun begin.

Dave

Sawdust Maker
26th January 2012, 11:26 AM
I have to give a big thankyou to Big Shed and for doing some of the behind the scenes work for me :2tsup:
:mods::yourock2::welldone::wtg: Thought there was a banner with a big "Thankyou" on it couldn't find it so went with these :U

Nai84
26th January 2012, 11:37 AM
Hey I have contacted both of my swap mates but when I saw I had HazzaB I just had to have a laugh as we live close to each other so I can save on postage lol Ian

Nai84
26th January 2012, 11:40 AM
Oh and big thanks to all that put this together such an awesome idea to get everyone together for a bit of fun well done to all thanks guys Ian

Sawdust Maker
26th January 2012, 12:14 PM
Hey I have contacted both of my swap mates but when I saw I had HazzaB I just had to have a laugh as we live close to each other so I can save on postage lol Ian

Put it in a paper airplane and call it airmail :D
sorry I didn't even look at the pairings otherwise I might have re-randomised the Aussie to Aussie pairings
at least I managed to get the other WA people sending across the country

HazzaB
26th January 2012, 02:01 PM
Hey there,

Nick great job :2tsup:

I've been contacted by both my swappees and replied to both,

HazzaB

wood hacker
26th January 2012, 02:53 PM
Have contacted my swap partner. Turns out we did a swap a couple of years ago on the IAP forum.

Many thanks for Nick (and his able assisitants:U) for organising this years swap. :2tsup::2tsup:

cwolfs69
26th January 2012, 02:58 PM
made contact with my partner and just received reply. get going on the design and work tomorrow. shipping to australia this time. now i can honestly say ive shipped my work world wide.

Perfect Pens
26th January 2012, 03:27 PM
Hey All,

Thanks to all for the hard work and taking the time to arrange this Australia Day Pen swap. Another big thanks to all who are participating, great to see such a huge interest.

I have sent pm's off to both my partners Peter in Virginia USA and Alexander in San German, Puerto Rico and I await their reply to get the pens I mean the ball rolling :2tsup:

Cheers
Tony

esta
26th January 2012, 03:33 PM
My partner is Phil Hansen. I sent him a message today. I'm very excited to be joining in here.

esta

handyrn
26th January 2012, 05:00 PM
PM sent to my swap mate. Glad to be doing another swap.

Phil Hansen
26th January 2012, 05:17 PM
My partner is Phil Hansen. I sent him a message today. I'm very excited to be joining in here. esta
Got it and have replied. :)
Phil

cookie48
27th January 2012, 12:12 AM
Contacted both my swap partners. Will have to work hard on this swap. One of my partners is a pro pen maker. Oh well rekon all will go well.

MrPukaShell
27th January 2012, 02:54 AM
Contacted by my partner and like he said above we were paired up in an IAP PITH Swap. Looking forward to sharing with my brother from down under. Thanks for putting this together

Penpal
27th January 2012, 07:48 AM
Nick,

Made a phone call to my partner no one home left a message and sent a pm to Don Ward in Texas.

Kind regards Peter.

sturina
27th January 2012, 08:05 AM
Sent a pm to my partner handyrn

Perfect Pens
27th January 2012, 11:59 AM
Hey All,

I have now had a reply from both my partners and we have since started to communicate our swaps:2tsup:

Cheers
Tony.

Allan at Wallan
27th January 2012, 08:45 PM
Have exchanged PMs with Quister over in
Nebraska.

Now to the hard part ... making a pen that will
make him wish he lived in Australia with access
to our wonderful woods.

Have to send a half dozen nice blanks.:2tsup:

Allan

keltrader
28th January 2012, 07:35 AM
My Canadian partner has made contact, so we're set to go. Looking forward to the fun.

SDB777
29th January 2012, 06:42 AM
Happy Australia Day All, many thanks Nick for doing such a great job and keeping the tradition going.

I have sent a PM to my partner

Got it, and replied....actually finished your's today:2tsup:

Scott (good luck charm) B

Christos
29th January 2012, 07:36 AM
I am working on mine, just a little slow for me.

gawdelpus
29th January 2012, 11:19 PM
I have been in contact with both my partners ,I will wait till after the Markets next Sunday , then check my leftovers hehe!:D cheers ~ John

mackc
30th January 2012, 01:36 AM
My Canadian partner has made contact, so we're set to go. Looking forward to the fun.Same here, Kelvin! Nice to meet you!:canada3:

Bitshird
30th January 2012, 03:49 AM
Congratulations on another well put together Australia Day Pen Swap, I'm just grateful to Penpal for reminding me about it, I've been so busy making the pen turning and Bowl turning tools I''d nearly forgotten.
I shouldn't be this forgetful at this young of an age, But I find it is so much more fun with the nice surprises that do happen, (on occasion) Like a Long distance, and I do mean Long Distance, from Brisbane to near Memphis Tennessee USA. And I'm looking forward to my exchange from Touchwood,

Ironwood
30th January 2012, 08:05 AM
I have sent PM's to both my swap partners. Have got a reply back from Snyiper, but still waiting for Mike in Nanaimo to get back to me.

I have one pen finished, and have started on the blank for the second one, if the drilling goes well I should get the tubes glued in today.

Phil Hansen
1st February 2012, 03:30 PM
I remember last year there was a small problem with me sending a few blanks to Aus.
What must I do to the blank so that it is not confiscated.
Turn it round, drill a hole, cover with wax?

Thanks
Phil

Melski
4th February 2012, 03:07 AM
Tried to contact BlackbuttWA but no luck yet. Send an email or pm.

melski

Nai84
4th February 2012, 03:21 AM
do we post pic when we get the pens or not

justturnin
4th February 2012, 03:34 AM
I remember last year there was a small problem with me sending a few blanks to Aus.
What must I do to the blank so that it is not confiscated.
Turn it round, drill a hole, cover with wax?

Thanks
Phil

Here is what my partner said about sending the blanks to Aus.

"as for sending blanks, they must be clean(no bark) and sealed with varnish or wood sealer of some type. Do not send Antler."

Bitshird
4th February 2012, 03:38 AM
I've been trying to contact my partner and haven't been able to get in touch with Touchwood., any one else know her??:?:?

Sawdust Maker
4th February 2012, 01:13 PM
do we post pic when we get the pens or not

Yep, when you get it/them

post them in this thread to save confusion

Melski
5th February 2012, 01:28 AM
Tried to contact BlackbuttWA but no luck yet. Send an email or pm.

melski

Got a reply and we're swapping some blanks too! :2tsup:

Nai84
5th February 2012, 03:48 AM
Ok cool will do

Grommett
5th February 2012, 01:10 PM
Been in contact with one swap partner, a pro pen maker ssajn (David), and parcel sent. I am well out of my league I fancy. :oo:

Pm and email to w5brw, no reply yet. :(

Perfect Pens
5th February 2012, 08:03 PM
Hey All,

Pens are made for both my partners, I coated both lots of timber blanks in wipe on poly today and have selected an Aussie made Resin Blank to go with each of the above also.
Both packages should be posted hopefully tomorrow or Tuesday.

So look out both (USNR'03) Peter in Virginia & (Vallealbert) Alexander in San German Puerto Rico your parcels should be with you soon:2tsup:

Cheers
Tony.

Ironwood
5th February 2012, 08:45 PM
I have had a response from both my partners now.
I am still plodding away getting the last finishing touches on my pens.

HazzaB
5th February 2012, 11:54 PM
Hey There,

Nai84 has delivered my Swap Pen and some Blanks, the Pen is a Barron done in one of his own Cast blanks (swarf from the Key cutting machine at his work) really well done and finished a treat, and a few blanks that I don't have, (now I know why he was asking so many questions the other day :rolleyes:)

His Pen is on the Lathe as we speak, and will be delivered on Thursday.

Thanks Ian, a really nice Pen

HazzaB

Perfect Pens
6th February 2012, 10:57 AM
Both parcels sent off today :2tsup:

Cheers
Tony

Hey All,

Pens are made for both my partners, I coated both lots of timber blanks in wipe on poly today and have selected an Aussie made Resin Blank to go with each of the above also.

So look out both (USNR'03) Peter in Virginia & (Vallealbert) Alexander in San German Puerto Rico your parcels should be with you soon:2tsup:

Cheers
Tony.

gawdelpus
6th February 2012, 11:45 AM
One parcel sent off to Vic in colorado today ,one down ,one to go hehe ,cheers ~ John

Grommett
6th February 2012, 06:49 PM
My second swap partner just contacted me :2tsup:
Next parcel off Wednesday, to Texas!

cookie48
6th February 2012, 08:48 PM
Sent one today,next one tomorrow.
Hazzab. That is very nice looking pen.

USNR'03
8th February 2012, 07:34 AM
Hey All,

Cheers
Tony.

Thanks Tony,
yours is on its way as of this afternoon :U

Peter

bdar
8th February 2012, 09:40 PM
Pens are done, just got to get into the shed and get some pen blanks and they will be away.

Simomatra
10th February 2012, 03:42 PM
My pen and blanks from Scott have arrived.

Totaly blown away with the pen and blanks will post pictures in the morning when there is more light. Just about to bucket down here

Simomatra
11th February 2012, 10:31 AM
OK Here are the blanks from Scott aka SDB777 and the beautiful pen.

Scott tells me the cap is from Afgan pine cone and the body from Eastern Red Cedar with sap wood. The finish is CA.

A special thanks to Scott's wife for the beautiful blanks she has cast.:2tsup::2tsup:

Scott feel free to post a better picture of the pen I have had difficulty trying to get it the way the pen is in real life beautiful. The finish i and fit is perfect :2tsup::2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l369/simomatra/Pens/_MG_5104.jpg
http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l369/simomatra/Pens/_MG_5108.jpg
http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l369/simomatra/Pens/_MG_5103.jpg
http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l369/simomatra/Pens/_MG_5102.jpg

Sawdust Maker
11th February 2012, 10:56 AM
wow

super pen and nice blanks :2tsup:

Simomatra
11th February 2012, 11:38 AM
Two better pictures of the pen

http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l369/simomatra/Pens/_MG_5112.jpg
http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l369/simomatra/Pens/_MG_5114.jpg

seriola
11th February 2012, 01:18 PM
That is really something special :2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Coysquibbly
11th February 2012, 02:29 PM
:2tsup:Very Nice!!!

cookie48
11th February 2012, 08:42 PM
Lucky bugger. That is nice pen and blanks stash.

Phil Hansen
11th February 2012, 10:18 PM
My package was sent on it's way to esta this morning.

Phil

SDB777
13th February 2012, 08:20 AM
Had fun making it too!

Wasn't the 'originally planned' pen, but I thinking it turned(pun intended) out okie-dokie!

Guess I should fill in all the details....

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c271/SDB777/WoW%20blanks/DSC00941.jpg

Cap material: Afghan Pine Cone, turned between centers with a LOT of thinCA soaked into it during the turning....BTW, all skew, no gouge! Finish is 3 coats of thinCA and 8 or 9 coats of meduimCA, wet sanded through 12K micromesh, and then polished with PlastixPolish.

Body material: Eastern Red Cedar crotch with some sapwood, turned on a RickHerrell pin chuck. Finish is 3 coats of thinCA and 7 or 8 coats of thick after being wiped down with BLO(pops the grain, and hopefully keeps the finish from 'fogging'), wet sanded through 12K micromesh, and then polished with PlastixPolish.

Here's a few I snapped off after it was made:
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c271/SDB777/PITH%20pens/PITHSwapAU2012005.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c271/SDB777/PITH%20pens/PITHSwapAU2012003.jpg

Glad you liked the extras! Couldn't see sending a box all that way without filling her up(we are allowed 4lbs(about 2Kg's) in that size box)....

Scott (t'was fun making it) B

PenTurner
14th February 2012, 05:08 PM
Very Special, :2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:Amos:)

Simomatra
15th February 2012, 01:18 PM
Scott

Two parcels went on the mail today for you have a look in approx 10 days, i hope you like.

Scott
15th February 2012, 01:58 PM
Sent my two pens last Monday, one to Brisvagas and the other to Colorado. Enjoyed making them :)

Ironwood
16th February 2012, 06:37 PM
I have sent one of my packages off to "Mike in Nanaimo".
Still waiting for a reply and address from Snyiper so I can send the 2nd one.

sturina
17th February 2012, 11:38 AM
Pen has been posted today to Handyrn.

Coysquibbly
17th February 2012, 01:43 PM
Sent my package off yesterday to John Evans.

I went in to the post office and asked how much to Australia? They said $16.00, I thought great, and asked how long to get there, and they said 6-8 weeks:oo: Apparently for that price the mail man swims it over:D.

$37.00 later and it will show up in 10-16 days:)

Hope you like it John

Kevin

esta
17th February 2012, 05:51 PM
My package was sent on it's way to esta this morning.

Phil

Yours is on the way too Phil. Esta

Perfect Pens
17th February 2012, 11:20 PM
Good news !!

I just had an email from one of my swap partners Alexander (Vallealbert) from San German Puerto Rico to say that he has recieved his parcel. :2tsup:

Cheers
Tony

HazzaB
18th February 2012, 02:01 AM
Hey All,

Just received a pen and some Blanks from Salty, he read the list wrong, and thought that we had a Swap, (I thought that maytbe he needs Glasses) The Pen is pretty much a kitless Fountain Pen with aclosed end, with a very interesting Blank, I am hoping that I can get one of these, I have a client that would grab that quicker than SWMBO.

There were also some very interesting blanks in the Box to stop the Pen banging about, :2tsup: in the post.

Thanks Salty, yours is in the post tomorow.

HazzaB

cookie48
18th February 2012, 07:50 AM
Nice collection of blanks, and the pen is unusual but very well done. Congrats on your swap.

mick61
18th February 2012, 08:11 AM
G`day nice pen my pen is on it`s way from Sloloui. I have question why didn`t Salty put the mech inside the pen?

EastCoastCT
18th February 2012, 09:19 AM
This would have been my 6th pen swap (several different forums) and this has been the 3rd one where I either haven't heard back from my partner or just have not received a swap:?. So being said, I think I will sit out from now on.

Perfect Pens
18th February 2012, 10:37 AM
Hi,

I recieved an email from Peter (USNR'03) in Virginia he has also just recieved his little box of goodies from me so my part of the swap is done and dusted now :2tsup:
Looking forward to recieving mine now, it will be like Christmas all over again !!

Great swap and thanks to all involved.

Cheers
Tony.

stevo81
18th February 2012, 01:13 PM
I received a parcel from one of my pen swap partners yesterday (SJT - Scott) very nice pen made from 400yr old redgum and blanks, i look forward to tuning them.

here is photos of pen and blanks.

thank you very much scott:2tsup:

salty72
18th February 2012, 01:30 PM
G`day nice pen my pen is on it`s way from Sloloui. I have question why didn`t Salty put the mech inside the pen?

sent the Mech and ink cart as spares - these already one loaded. The ink in the pen Is private reserve and the nib is 14k Gold with rhodium tip

Simomatra
18th February 2012, 01:37 PM
This would have been my 6th pen swap (several different forums) and this has been the 3rd one where I either haven't heard back from my partner or just have not received a swap:?. So being said, I think I will sit out from now on.

Hang in there I have sent a PM to Minus your partner if we get no response someone will complete the swap for you :2tsup::2tsup:

Grommett
18th February 2012, 01:48 PM
Hang in there I have sent a PM to Minus your partner if we get no response someone will complete the swap for you :2tsup::2tsup:

I'd love to swap with someone from Conn. :2tsup:

Sawdust Maker
19th February 2012, 04:25 PM

I'd wait on a little before thinking the worst - There may have been a mishap or something, we will do our best to see if we can find out what has happened.

And in any event I have reserves whom will gladly take Minus459's place and do a swap with you. I see Grommet has already put up his hand.

So let's just wait and see if we can find what minus459 is up to. If we hear nothing we will go to plan B - Never fear we'll get your successful swap rate up marginally above 66%

epimenio
19th February 2012, 04:34 PM
I'd be happy to send one out if you need back up.
Manny

salty72
19th February 2012, 05:49 PM
put me in as a third

stevo81
19th February 2012, 06:08 PM
I havent had a response from my partner OS either, keen to swap with someone OS if i dont hear back from my partner also.

Stevo

Dorno
19th February 2012, 08:54 PM
Thats a nice pen you made there Mark is that blank a home made job ? If so why weren't you doing them like that when you lived up here :D

Cheers Mate Nice job:2tsup:

Ian

Scott
19th February 2012, 09:09 PM
Thanks Stevo, you're welcome.

Received Stevo81's (Marty) package on Friday and have only just managed to get behind a camera to show off my booty.

Stevo has done absolute justice to his home made, cast acrylic, black pigment dye with interference gold blank which is wrapped around a gold cigar. And what a stunner the pen is! Stevo has obviously gone to a lot of work to produce this pen. The fit and finish are superb and I couldn't be happier. He's also sent me some of his home made cast blanks which I'm looking forward to get stuck into.

Thanks mate, bloody brilliant :)

salty72
19th February 2012, 09:34 PM
Just realised I haven't posted a photo of the pen I recieved from one of my Offical swap partners - Frank contatcted me first ...so no chance to cross lines here :B

MarineRaider (Frank) sent a few extra blanks to stop the Fountain pen from rolling around - the large piece is Olive from his sons tree. and the blank on the pen has FANTASTIC colour (pitty my camera work doesn't show it properly

cookie48
20th February 2012, 05:19 AM
Sent both my parcels to cwolf69 ( Charley) and ciskokid (Al) a while ago. Cwolf69 got his no word from ciskokid yet.

Christos
20th February 2012, 01:24 PM
I sent my package to my partner a few days before I left for China. It will be two months before I get back to Sydney.

I have people staying at the house so all is sweet.

Nai84
20th February 2012, 05:35 PM
I have posted Whaler1 pen and blanks off to him today and I have given HazzaB his pen and blanks now I just have to wait to get some back in return :) Ian

salty72
20th February 2012, 06:14 PM
Thats a nice pen you made there Mark is that blank a home made job ? If so why weren't you doing them like that when you lived up here :D

Cheers Mate Nice job:2tsup:

Ian

I wish I could make these blanks, they are from buy I did some time ago off the IAP, Wormywood Mutt Blanks cost was around $12.50AUD landed

Grommett
20th February 2012, 08:25 PM
Well both mine sent and one acknowledged received. Now I wait, it's just like Christmas used to be (about 60 years ago).

Perfect Pens
22nd February 2012, 11:02 PM
Hi,

I am currently interstate but have had word that both my swap partners parcels have arrived.:D:2tsup:

Cannot wait to get home and open them up !! :D

Cheers to All
Thanks
Tony.

seriola
22nd February 2012, 11:44 PM
Went to town this morning to post off my packages and there was a box of goodies waiting for me. Manny's (Epimenio) parcel had arrived and what a treat, two beautiful pens, an ebonite Atrax fountain pen with an upgraded fine bock nib and a cebloplast pen for the loml. Also included a stick of cebloplast so I could make one for me so no need to be jealous of hers:D.

As can be seen in the pics he also went out of his way to source and send some really desirable wood blanks plus some great examples of the wood resin blanks he casts. I had checked out his web site and was impressed with what I saw and am very thankful for what he has sent, great stuff. Yep, I am wrapt, thanks Manny. :2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Now to try and get my very average point and shoot photography skills to give a reasonable image of how good this lot looks in real life.

epimenio
23rd February 2012, 05:20 AM
Des,

I am sure glad the package arrived safely. Have a care drilling that Cebloplast. All the best.

Manny

cookie48
23rd February 2012, 07:54 PM
Very nice parcel seriola. Have fun with the blanks. Pens looks very nice.

IowaYank
24th February 2012, 12:06 PM
I just received my swap from Christos.
For telling me he is just a beginner he did very well:2tsup:
1 pen is a Slimeline with what I really like (Just see the Clip)
1 Designer pen done very well also.
He did not mention the woods he used
He also sent 2 timbers of Mackay Ceder and 2 timbers of Mango.

I think he will be nicely susprised when he comes home. I will post the pictures of his since he will be gone.

http://i823.photobucket.com/albums/zz155/AEastman_bucket/008pen.jpg

http://i823.photobucket.com/albums/zz155/AEastman_bucket/007pen.jpg

http://i823.photobucket.com/albums/zz155/AEastman_bucket/006pen.jpg

Cheers
Arlin (IowaYank)

IowaYank
24th February 2012, 12:11 PM
Seriola
Nice pens you have received with an equal amount of timber.

Cheers
Arlin

Perfect Pens
24th February 2012, 02:51 PM
Hi All,

I arrived home last night from an interstate business trip to find both my Australia Day 2012 Pen swap partners parcels waiting for me.
This one was from Alexander (Vallealbert) from San German Puerto Rico.

The Rollerball pen is a Retro Rhodium plated and is very well dressed in a Cuban Mahogany Crotch timber.
Alexander has advised me that all of the timber blanks are also native of Puerto Rico and all very nice.
Absolutely stunning pen and blanks.
Very much appreciated Alexander and the pen will become one of the first pens to start off my very own personal Pen collection.:2tsup:

Thanks
Tony.

Perfect Pens
24th February 2012, 03:07 PM
Hi All,

Also received my Australia Day 2012 pen swap parcel from Peter (USNR'03) from Virginia.

Nouveau Sceptre roller-ball unfortunately I am not sure what timber has been used so maybe Peter can shed some light on the matter for us all.

The pen does look fantastic though and I am looking forward to trying out some of the pen blanks Peter has sent also.
Very much appreciated Peter and the pen will become along with Alexanders who was my other Australia Day 2012 swap partner another one of the very first pens to start off my very own personal Pen collection.:2tsup:

Thanks
Tony.