PDA

View Full Version : Going to Glaser Hitec next week

Bill Wyko
4th February 2012, 10:39 AM
I'm going to see my daughter who happens to live near Glaser. so I'll be stopping in there to pick up my skews and possibly other tools. What's cool is, Paulo said I can watch the process of them being made. In addition, Alan Lacer will be there as well. I'll also get to see the new proprietary metal he's developing called Cauldron 305. Suppose to set a new standard in turning tool metal by a wide margin. Combine that with the Quick Release handle and I think it'll be a whole new level in turning tools. Needless to say, lots of pictures will be taken and shared with everyone. Can't wait.:2tsup:

hughie
4th February 2012, 04:20 PM
Bill, I will be looking forward to the pics and any info on the new steel.

Sawdust Maker
4th February 2012, 08:17 PM
lucky bvgger

I love watching things being made - went through a steel mill once, heaven

Bill Wyko
5th February 2012, 04:27 AM
I have about 12 Glaser tools, 9 of which are the miniQR's. They are like the Ferrari of turning tools. They work like big tools but are manuverable like a small tool. And the fit of the tool into the handle is so tight that it feels like a spring inside. What it is though, it the almost air tight fit. No slop what so ever and they lock in so easily too. I even catch myself using them with one hand. That's bad though so I always put the other hand back on right away.
I hope I get to see a proto type of the Synergy tools, I'll be first in line for those for sure.

artme
5th February 2012, 07:25 AM
Some people hav eall the luck!! Good for you!!:):):)

Bill Wyko
5th February 2012, 07:39 AM
I have to say, after 2011 I'm ready for some luck. Hopefully this will be one of many things heading in the right direction in 2012.

NeilS
13th February 2012, 10:08 AM
Are we there yet???

Bill Wyko
17th February 2012, 03:12 AM
I'm Baack.:2tsup: I'll create a separate thread. I have so much to share with you all.