PDA

View Full Version : Wanted (Vic) Commission/buy an Indian Chief...

Kayneo
8th Feb 2012, 03:01 PM
Howdy! My name's Kayne and I'm new to this forum as I'm now in the market to commission/buy a hand carved Indian Chief, the type that used to be displayed out the front of tobacconist shops! I've found it difficult to find anything local (I live in Frankston) or even Victoria for that matter! So, I'm merely seeking some direction on where I could buy one, or even order a commissioned piece from a professional who could carve one to order? Anywhere within Victoria is fine, and as a guide between 4-6 feet tall. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated... :)

Col
8th Feb 2012, 04:23 PM
This might be a cheaper option even with shipping.

Incredible 5ft 8 Cigar Store Indian - Native American Painted Figure | eBay (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Incredible-5ft-8-Cigar-Store-Indian-Native-American-Painted-Figure-/150753301692?pt=UK_Antiques_EthnographicAntiques_EH&hash=item231998d4bc)

There are a few on ebay if you do a world wide search of Cigar Store Indian.

Col

Kayneo
8th Feb 2012, 06:11 PM
G'day Col,

Thanks for your reply. I looked at the Ebay link, unfortunately that example would cost hundreds and hundreds to ship here, but they won't do it anyway. That's what I've found with most of the online sites, incl. Ebay, either the statues are miniature in size, they won't ship to Australia or, if they do, the freight cost is massive due to the weight. Money better spent here for a commissioned piece of work I'm thinking! The hard part is finding out where I could get it done.

Still seeking assistance from anyone...:)

DutchEnglishFrenchGermanItalianPortugueseSpanish
Translated to other languages supported by vB Enterprise Translator 4.7.1