PDA

View Full Version : Some different kind of Corian pendants.

Sturdee
11th February 2012, 03:10 PM
After making a few armbands I used the centre cutouts of the bracelets to turn matching smaller style pendants.

As they are already the basic shape from turning the armbands they were easily and quickly made. As I make more armbands I'll make the matching pendant to go with them.

Enjoy.

Peter.

Sturdee
11th February 2012, 03:14 PM
I also had a go at trying to make different pendants from the strip offcuts from making the armbands.

These are more of a teardrop shape. More difficult to turn and all needed hand polishing.

My efforts are below starting from left being the first to right being the last one. A ruler is shown for scale. Rather fun to work out how to do and make them.

Enjoy and any comments or advice is appreciated.

Peter.

John T
11th February 2012, 09:51 PM
HI PETER,
Interesting work in progress i am watching and learning, sorry to hear about your problems and keep on turning
regards john

Sturdee
12th February 2012, 09:40 AM
Thanks John, I just keep practising in making these little trinkets.

I use corian because I have now a good and steady source of this material and it lends itself greatly to this kind of work.

But you can make all of these from timber, if you don't have access to this stuff, using the same techniques.

Peter.

Sturdee
12th February 2012, 04:35 PM
Made some more of the small hanging pendants.

From L to R a club, a bottle for those that want a quick tipple and one based on a genie bottle.

Tried making a sword but alas it broke in half just before I was finished.:(

Enjoy and any comments or advice is appreciated.

Peter.

John T
12th February 2012, 05:03 PM
HI PETER,
I have great difficulty in finding a supply of corian here in tas, nobody seems to use it any more whitch is disapointing.
john.

Sturdee
12th February 2012, 06:07 PM
John,

For little pendants like above you can use acrylic pen blanks, you would get two out of a standard pen blank and for the normal round pendants you can use round acrylics blanks from 043Turning. (http://www.043turning.com.au/QLD/index.php?_a=viewCat&catId=78)

Btw I started of with these acrylics before I learned about Corian.

Peter.