PDA

View Full Version : My First Go At Colour

finlay25
28th February 2012, 11:00 AM
Hi all this is a small vase with colour it it 4" half x 2" wide, i was at are club meeting on tuesday night where there was a demo on colour, so thought i would give it ago, it looked so easy to do but was harder than i thought :oo: Hope you like it.:)

Paul39
28th February 2012, 11:55 AM
Looks nice, anything on the internet that tells how to do it?

dr4g0nfly
28th February 2012, 10:17 PM
Colour on wood is always subjective. Sometime it enhances the shape or grain, sometimes it masks it such that it might as well be a bit of plastic.

The photo is a bit blury but I do like the effect - I'm seeing something like flames.

What colouring agent did you use, spirit stains, acrylics, oils, water based, and what finish is on top.

Good Effort.

finlay25
29th February 2012, 02:57 AM
Colour on wood is always subjective. Sometime it enhances the shape or grain, sometimes it masks it such that it might as well be a bit of plastic.

The photo is a bit blury but I do like the effect - I'm seeing something like flames.

What colouring agent did you use, spirit stains, acrylics, oils, water based, and what finish is on top.

Good Effort.
I used acrtlics and clear on top, sorry the photo are not the best but i am working on it:)