PDA

View Full Version : Serious Woman Wood Worker Here

Kristin Maxson
10th March 2012, 01:05 PM
Hey guys, I like your jokes. It reminds me of my shop class in High School.

Wood working for me is serious. I was browsing and thought I would bring back the seriousness back to this invite forum. OK sure send in the jokes, this is OK too.

I live in Virginia USA and would like to chat with serious women in Australia about wood working and Restoration.

About myself: I am a retired Material Science Engineer (B.S.) and during my earlier years I restored sculptures at the Hirshhorn Museum within the Smithsonian. I have a Bachelors of Science with Material Science and Industrial Arts. My specialty is wood furniture and I can do jobs right outside your front or back porch (Virginia, USA). Garages do well for the winter. Send me your location and a description of your item and I will give you a free quote. I do finishing, color matching, hand stripping, fabrication, replacement of parts, touch-up details, and stain removal. Feel free to check on my new jobs that I will feature here.

Try me, I might service your area too.

Heartwood Antiques Listed On-line & TLC Services

HALO-TCL Heartwood Antiques Listed On-Line home

Please no spam,

Cheers,
Kristin

P.S. Have you ever added to a forum in ICELAND? Hey they have their own Island Jokes. I had the chance to see and antique desk made out of driftwood there. Not much wood in ICELAND. A man picked up driftwood which floated from Russia and made a classic bookcase desk. Now that is dedication. If you are a female wood worker, this is the dedication you will need.

Send me your link page and feel free to see my postings. I do wood museum restoration. I use no abrasives.

SAISAY
19th May 2012, 08:44 AM
Hey guys, I like your jokes. It reminds me of my shop class in High School.

Wood working for me is serious. I was browsing and thought I would bring back the seriousness back to this invite forum. OK sure send in the jokes, this is OK too.

Why do we need to be serious?
Ease up, you might like it.
This is Australia, the home of the easy going people not school children.
We are serious about what we do but not boringly serious.
Cheers
Wolffie

Dengue
19th May 2012, 10:24 AM
Yep, Orstralia, where too much woodworking is not enough :)

Tried serious once, didn't like it

Master Splinter
19th May 2012, 02:44 PM
Google gives 4,500 matches to the phrase "restored sculptures at the Hirshhorn Museum within the Smithsonian".

Nice personalised introduction - nuthin' like a good spam run!

Christopha
21st May 2012, 08:50 PM
Apparently the yanks have classes in shop, does that mean that they have to taught how to shop? Perhaps they need instruction in shopping?

Master Splinter
21st May 2012, 09:54 PM
Well, she hasn't been back since that first post...so she doesn't want spam but she's happy to create spam...

SAISAY
26th May 2012, 08:57 AM
She doesn't like our jokes :no:
We are too frivolous :U
Cheers
Wolffie

tea lady
26th May 2012, 11:52 AM
:D One way to keep spam away then. Keep making fun of it.:cool:

Do not dismiss us as non-serious wood workers just cos we joke around a bit.

Christopha
29th May 2012, 06:59 PM
Camp Pie is better than Spam anyway.....

Master Splinter
29th May 2012, 08:56 PM
She still hasn't been back here since her first post; she's seriously committed to nothing but spamming her name over teh intarwebz....

TP1
30th May 2012, 03:06 AM
Google gives 4,500 matches to the phrase "restored sculptures at the Hirshhorn Museum within the Smithsonian".

Nice personalised introduction - nuthin' like a good spam run!

No need to do a general google search when specific information is available. This is her website.

HALO-TCL Heartwood Antiques Listed On-Line home

SAISAY
30th May 2012, 07:17 AM
OOOOOOHHHHHH
Definitely a serious woodworker, no time for frivolity :no:
Cheers
Wolffie

SAISAY
30th May 2012, 07:23 AM
Try me, I might service your area too.
Yeah right.
From Virginia to FNQ.
Cheers
Wolffie

Master Splinter
30th May 2012, 09:12 AM
No need to do a general google search when specific information is available.

Not a search to find her website - but a search to find how many times she has posted that exact phrase on other websites to promote herself and her business. I think copy-pasting the exact same information to 4,500 websites qualifies as nuthin' but spam (or she is really, really, really social, and she'll get round to her next comment here in a year's time, assuming she re-visits 12 of those sites a day!).

I do like how she asks for 'no spam, please'. It's ok when she does it, though...

tea lady
30th May 2012, 06:08 PM
Not a search to find her website - but a search to find how many times she has posted that exact phrase on other websites to promote herself and her business. I think copy-pasting the exact same information to 4,500 websites qualifies as nuthin' but spam (or she is really, really, really social, and she'll get round to her next comment here in a year's time, assuming she re-visits 12 of those sites a day!).

I do like how she asks for 'no spam, please'. It's ok when she does it, though...She'd be stuffed if she got 4,500 email enquiries wouldn't she.:D

BobL
30th May 2012, 07:13 PM
She'd be stuffed if she got 4,500 email enquiries wouldn't she.:D

Lets do it! :D

Master Splinter
30th May 2012, 07:55 PM
...especially if we ask if she services Australia!!!!!

But she's been busy - google total for hirshawn museum etc etc up to 4,750 now!!! 250 new posts in a month....that's dedication (to something!)

Humm - eight posts a day - so it'll be over a year before she gets back here!!!!