PDA

View Full Version : Durden Jnr Joiner

gazaly
26th May 2000, 10:13 AM
I have a Durden Jnr Joiner machine (1955 ish) which was handed down to me. I don't want it for the table saw (have one thats bigger) but would very much like to use the planner. The problem is the planner is crooked. I had a look myself to try and re align it, but it seems to me to be a job best handled by a proffesional. Can anyone tell me of such a person in Melbourne (Mornington Penninsula area) or does anyone have a manual for this particular machine. Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

Gazza.

Rod Smith
26th May 2000, 11:32 AM
Hi Gazza
If you are talking about the tables being out of whack with each other you may be able to fix it yourself, providing they are flat. This usually involves using a straight edge, feeler guages and shims to bring the surfaces into line. I used thin cardboard for my old habco, sort of a temporary fix, but did the job for years til I sold it. You will probably find the subject covered in a WW machine book from your local library.

------------------

RFNK
27th May 2000, 10:07 PM
Might be able to help you there Gazza. I have a similar machine but it's a bit later. Send me your fax number if you have one and I'll fax the relevant pages. My address is [email protected]

Rick