PDA

View Full Version : Camphor Coffee Table

BAM186
28th March 2012, 10:04 PM
A recent item finished

BAM

BobR
28th March 2012, 10:10 PM
Oh where, oh where has the coffee table gone.

Christos
28th March 2012, 11:18 PM
I see that this is a similar design to the other coffee table that you made. How much time between drinks shall we say, when the first was completed and this started?

BAM186
29th March 2012, 05:38 PM
I usually have a number of projects on the go at one time and I do the work when I feel like it. Recently though, Brisbane has been hot, Humid (100%) and very wet so instead of sweating it out in the shed I do the work when the weather permits. I would say the Maranti Table took 4 days and that would include the finish which was a 2 pac and the Camphor 5 days. Waiting for the glue and the finish to dry was the time consuming parts of the projects.
Cheers
Belinda

Scribbly Gum
29th March 2012, 05:57 PM
I usually have a number of projects on the go at one time and I do the work when I feel like it. Recently though, Brisbane has been hot, Humid (100%) and very wet so instead of sweating it out in the shed I do the work when the weather permits. I would say the Maranti Table took 4 days and that would include the finish which was a 2 pac and the Camphor 5 days. Waiting for the glue and the finish to dry was the time consuming parts of the projects.
Cheers
Belinda

Nice work Belinda. Lovely figure in the Camphor.
You aren't wrong about the humidity in Brisbane lately.
Up there a couple of weeks back and could cut the air with a knife.
Cheers
SG