PDA

View Full Version : Groovy Tool

Fredo
2nd April 2012, 08:08 PM
In my thread Wave Grooves, I was asked if I could show how the grooves are made. The grooves are made with a cobbled together contraption constructed from old lathe parts and bits and pieces I had on hand and could adapt to get the job done. It's somewhat agricultural in it's appearance and despite little to no expense involved in it's construction, it works reasonably well. Powered by a car windscreen wiper motor, here it is.

Woodturning Groovy Tool - YouTube

Fredo :U

underfoot
2nd April 2012, 08:35 PM
..Brilliant..:2tsup:..love it

powderpost
2nd April 2012, 08:47 PM
Very ingenious. :2tsup:
Jim

bench1holio
2nd April 2012, 08:51 PM
your a clever man fredo! :2tsup: sometimes i wish i could just knock together these 'agricutural' impliments:;

cookie48
2nd April 2012, 09:04 PM
That is just the best. Thankyou Fredo. If only I could think like that.

wheelinround
2nd April 2012, 09:26 PM
Fredo simply brilliant set up.

A simple change of the guide wheel dia and it will change the amplitude or I think I see other adjustments on the actutation arm.

Off to look at Groovey Bowls thread.

Scott
2nd April 2012, 09:57 PM
I'm officially in awe, that's just amazing and very ingenious. I'd now like to know what the accompanying music is! Thanks for sharing.

TTIT
2nd April 2012, 11:48 PM
Brilliant Fredo :2tsup::2tsup: Great job of the video too . . . but now you've given me an idea of a simpler way of doing it . . . off to the notepad :think:

hughie
2nd April 2012, 11:51 PM
Brilliant, I love it, so simple and effective.... and the music is just as good :2tsup:

Willy Nelson
2nd April 2012, 11:55 PM
Yep, I am impressed!
Thanks for showing, but, rest easy in the fact that I will not be rigging up a groovy wavy maker. I am happy to view your results though
Cheers and Thanks
Willy

dr4g0nfly
3rd April 2012, 06:16 AM
Wonderful to see how, thanks for posting.

Are you related to Heath Robinson by any chance!

artme
3rd April 2012, 07:59 AM
My first thoughts were exactly the same as:aro-u:.

A brilliant device.:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Best patent it Fredo and start production!!

dogcatcher
3rd April 2012, 09:50 AM
That is a wel thought out piece of machinery. Thanks for sharing it.

Paul39
3rd April 2012, 10:32 AM
Absolutely wonderful!!!

:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

ticklingmedusa
3rd April 2012, 01:25 PM
Bravo, ingenious ! :2tsup:
It would be interesting to see how you would approach a spiral.

joevan
4th April 2012, 03:17 PM
I am impressed to come up with an invention like this one. It would have taken a few weekends to make this sort of machinerie. Ingenious, absolutely wonderful, brilliant, b...... marvelous, ingenious etc, etc, they are just a few words how to describe your invention. And than there is the music to go with your demo.

Many thanks,

Joevan.

Fredo
5th April 2012, 11:58 AM
Thanks everyone for your interest and comments. It was fun to make and use. It adds another option for decoration.

No relation to Heath Robinson, that I know of.

The music is an instrumental cover of Pearl Jam's, Yellow Ledbetter.

Fredo :U