PDA

View Full Version : Help with VL300

gtwilkins
15th April 2012, 12:39 PM
G'day,

Finally got to the shed today to do some turning and my VL300 won't go!

Worked fine about a month ago but today when I plugged it in and turned the off/on switch (on the inverter panel) to on nothing happens, no lights on the read-out just dead!

I've got power at the outlet, checked the limit switch on the door and its fine don't know what else to do.

Is there a reset button, fuse or whatever? Any ideas? Can't get hold of the dealer until Monday.

Thanks Trevor

kcam
15th April 2012, 01:25 PM
I had a similar problem last week Trevor and discovered that the plug had just come out of the socket slightly, pushed it home and it was back to normal....if it is not that simple you might check the motor out for a reset (red) button on the top of the motor, if there is one, or maybe someone has a better answer ......good luck Kerry

turnerted
15th April 2012, 10:42 PM
Once you have checked all the obvious things,give Vicmarc a ring . They can be very helpfull.

Ted

brendan stemp
16th April 2012, 08:17 AM
There is an on/off switch that can accidentally be flicked to the off position. This is a different switch to the normal green on and red off switches. Have you checked this?

gtwilkins
16th April 2012, 01:08 PM
Well I called Vicmarc today and there was only one bloke there and he didn't know anything, the boss is away so all I can do is e-mail and they will get back to me!

I was under the impression that Vicmarc was a pretty big outfit and might even have a service department!

So I have power at the machine (power cord is good) I pulled the inverter panel and the main switch is good, the door switch is good. There was only a trace of dust in the inverter box and I vacuumed it out. No burnt smell so I don't think I let the magic smoke out.

So I have run out of ideas, the funny thing is it was working just fine and I always unplug it when I am not using it so I don't think it would have been a power surge even from lightning.

Any other ideas?

Thanks Trevor

RETIRED
16th April 2012, 02:06 PM
Well I called Vicmarc today and there was only one bloke there and he didn't know anything, the boss is away so all I can do is e-mail and they will get back to me!The agent or manufacturer in Australia?

gtwilkins
16th April 2012, 02:45 PM

I called the number on the website which I thought was the manufacturer.

Trevor

RETIRED
16th April 2012, 05:44 PM
Ok then.

Tim the Timber Turner
16th April 2012, 05:58 PM
Probably a RDO (rostered day off) in the factory today.

Try this email address.
It should get a prompt response.
[email protected]

If not try
[email protected]

Cheers

Tim:)

Tim the Timber Turner
16th April 2012, 08:58 PM
Also I would be getting hold of a voltage detecting stick and making sure there was power at the master On/Off switch, usually located on the front near the digital read out (on Australian models, may be different for export versions).

Cheers

Tim:)

gtwilkins
18th April 2012, 01:12 PM
Tim,

I have power to the main switch, this is the Australian model.

I am starting to think if there isn't a reset then the inverter might be stuffed but I don't understand why as everything was fine when I last used it.

Had a good look in the cabinet today and didn't see any mouse chewed wire or anything obvious.

Trevor