PDA

View Full Version : HSS (John Hallett) Exhibition at Jam Factory

NeilS
22nd April 2012, 12:47 PM
During the week I attended the opening of fellow forum member HSS (John Hallett)'s exhibition of woodturning work at the Jam Factory here in Adelaide.

John had 17 exhibits on show, some of them multi-piece and all of them multi-axis. John cites a workshop with Neil Scobie in 2009 and his time working with the wooden mould makers for the designer glass centres of Venice and Novy Bor in Europe as his primary influences on his current work for this exhibition.

My impression of his exhibition was a body of work that was confident in its design and executed with a high level of competence. I particularly enjoyed his fish pieces.

Well done, John!

Sorry no photos (not appropriate behaviour at an exhibition opening), but maybe HSS can post one of a pair of his fish pieces here for us...:)

John's exhibition is on at the Jam Factory until 23 June. If you can, take the opportunity to go and see the first of what I am sure will be many outstanding exhibits of his work in the years to come.

I'm also looking forward to Brendan Stemp's exhibition in Melbourne at the end of July, if I can make it.

Neil

Scott
22nd April 2012, 02:09 PM
Pictures would be great, sounds like a great exhibition. Any details on Brendan's exhibition? Would like to mark it in my diary.

NeilS
22nd April 2012, 03:25 PM
Any details on Brendan's exhibition? Would like to mark it in my diary.

I have started a separate thread, here (http://www.woodworkforums.com/f8/brendan-stemps-upcoming-exhibition-151483/#post1477326).

HSS
26th April 2012, 05:42 PM
Thanks Neil. Here are some photos of the exhibition. I will have to wait until its over before I can get good quality photos taken so these will have to do for now.

Cheers.