PDA

View Full Version : Some bud vases.

Sturdee
22nd April 2012, 06:08 PM
I also turned some bud vases out of some fence posts off cuts that I had. I used David Shing's method of multiple holding points on the lathe to turn the shape and then the sides and finally held one in a donut chuck to turn the centre hole of one of them.

A lot of hand sanding and the finish is Minwax Antique Oil.

The front view:

The side view:

Enjoy.

Peter. (who also turns wood as well as Corian)

Skewturn
22nd April 2012, 08:41 PM
Interesting bud vases nice:2tsup:
I have not tried multi holding points sounds like a challange.
Cheers Skewturn

Scott
22nd April 2012, 11:05 PM
Nice work Peter, must be a challenge to do this and opens up some new possibilities.

artme
23rd April 2012, 12:28 AM
:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Fricasseekid
23rd April 2012, 01:18 AM
Nice!!!

Got any links to resources, videos, or general info on multiple point turning?

Sturdee
23rd April 2012, 05:27 PM
Nice!!!

Got any links to resources, videos, or general info on multiple point turning?

Sorry but I don't have any as this is based on what I learned at a demo I attended.

Although the demos was filmed and the club will make a DVD of all the demos for club members I don't know if it can be made available to the general community. A possible question of permissions of the demonstrators.

In any case it wil take time as it involves about 9 hours of filming and 3 cameras that will have to be copied (some film in real time) to a computer and then the best angle/shot selected from the 3 copies to make the mastertrack. All this has to be done by a member in his so called free time.

However if there is demand I will take some photos when I make the next one, or even more holding points, but I have a few more projects to do first.

Peter.