PDA

View Full Version : Rojek combination planer/thicknesser

Roger Peine
27th June 2000, 07:54 PM
I am currently looking to purchase a combination planer/thicknesser . The Rojek looks promising, large cutter head 100+mm dia 4 blades and 320mm planing width x 200mm thicknessing height . Have any of you good folk out there had any experience with this animal ??? I am interested in hearing pro's and cons on combination machines .
coo-ee roj

John Saxton
3rd July 2000, 11:43 PM
Roger -----Is'nt this animal badged up and sourced from the Czech Republic or one of those Eastern European Countries?
I seem to recall a report in one of the English WW magazines about these machines with the emphasis on a plainly built but with a sturdy and robust nature and machined to a reasonable standard.There were good reports about the ability to dress out timber to a satisfaction in keeping with todays expectations.
Beyond this I can't go into any finite details and do not recall what magazine the article was in but in essence they gave a thumbs up.
Cheers

------------------
Johnno

Roger Peine
4th July 2000, 04:39 PM
Thanks Johnno
I have had a look at one in a show room over here in Melbourne . I'm told that they're manufactured by a Belgian company but, what your saying could possibly be right. The price on this type of machine is to good to be true so i suspect that they are a rebadged beastie . I still haven't met or heard from any one who has actually used one though. You know how it is, 3k http://ubb.ubeaut.com.au/ubb/frown.gif on a machine on a whim just don't equate to me .
Coo-ee
roj