PDA

View Full Version : New edge cutting tools

Rizaydog
24th February 2005, 03:35 AM
Has anyone seen, or used the new tools made by New Edge Cutting Tools. They can be found at www.newedgecuttingtools.com
They are supposed to be very good but I would like a first hand users perspective. Thanks

RETIRED
24th February 2005, 05:05 PM
To me they look like scrapers rather than turning tools.

They lost me when they say " less downtime when you send tools out to be sharpened".

No self respecting turner lets any one else near their tools. :eek:

Christopha
24th February 2005, 06:47 PM
To me they look like scrapers rather than turning tools.

They lost me when they say " less downtime when you send tools out to be sharpened".

No self respecting turner lets any one else near their tools. :eek:

What said!!!! :D
I have loaned tools on occasion but if anyne who borrowed them took them anywhere near a grinder I would A; Make the mongrel buy me a new blank tool and then after that was done I would B; insert the old one sideways up the morons fundamental orifice and then rotate it!
They certainly don't look like "real" turning tools to me anyway and the clincher would have to be the little line at the bottom.... Made in the USA.......... most likely rubbish! :rolleyes:

ubeaut
25th February 2005, 11:04 AM
SCRAPERS - For mug turners who can't cut the mustard (or the wood) with real tools.

Who the hell sends their tools out to be sharpened anyway?????

You can buy top of the range REAL turning tools for a quarter the price of these so why on earth would you bother.

Buy real tools learn, how to shearpen and use them correctly and forget about the gimic tools like these.

Cheers - Neil :)

PS there is a turning club here in Victoria that makes some tools similar to these and have been for years, average price AU$20 and I'll warrant they are as good as if not better than these.

Harry72
25th February 2005, 09:20 PM
They look like metal cutting tips for boring bars/face mills or lathe tips. Obivously someone has been using metal tools to shape wood, bit like spiral up/down cutters for routers.

bobsreturn2003
1st March 2005, 12:40 PM
hi would like details of these victorian tools can you send me some ? thanks bob