PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from torchwood

torchwood
16th May 2012, 09:39 PM
Hi all, Thought I would say hello, been watching this forum for a while now, gathering info before I took the plunge and joined your forum, and now finally, I bought a lathe. It is a Woodman WL240 which appears to be a Taiwanese copy of a Poolwood PW 28-40. It is a 1999 model that was used in a school for two years, then was bought by the bloke I bought it from but never used in the last 11 years. It is a massive thing of beauty and weighs a ton ( actually about 200 kgs.). It was a lot of fun getting it on my trailer, luckily the previous owner had a hoist in his garage, and once we took the lathe off its metal stand it all went smoothly. To lift it back up on its stand, I had to totally disassemble it, would you believe it was all held together by 8 tiny grub screws. Anyway its all back together and I'm now gathering all the bits I will need to start turning. Sorry for the long intro, I hope to learn a lot from this forum, you seem to be a cluey lot, Cheers torchwood

_fly_
16th May 2012, 09:41 PM
Your going to have some fun now. Welcome

nosnow
16th May 2012, 09:46 PM
Welcome Torchwood

Hope that you enjoy your new pastime

Cheers Rod

torchwood
16th May 2012, 10:27 PM
Thank you for the welcome, yes I'm sure it will be fun.

dr4g0nfly
17th May 2012, 08:36 AM
Welcome torchwood, looking forward to your future posts already.

tea lady
17th May 2012, 01:42 PM
Welcome. You'de better come to our next gathering. We seem to learn something AND have good food and conversation. :cool:

Click here for more ifo. (http://www.woodworkforums.com/f8/another-get-together-already-151952/)

Pagie
17th May 2012, 02:24 PM
Welcome Captain Jack.

_fly_
17th May 2012, 03:16 PM
Welcome. You'de better come to our next gathering. We seem to learn something AND have good food and conversation. :cool:

Click here for more ifo. (http://www.woodworkforums.com/f8/another-get-together-already-151952/)

But its the w/e after the one listed in first post. After Queens Bday.
Yes tiger and torchwood, you should come down and say hello.

smiife
17th May 2012, 08:26 PM
welcome torchwood
you do realise this hobby is additive:oo::oo::oo:
hope to some of your work soon
cheers smiife:2tsup:

issatree
17th May 2012, 10:11 PM
Hi Torchwood,
Not sure where you are, but Find a Woodworking Club, as they all have Experienced Turners, & for around $45 per Yr. it is a good investment.

Google is Your Friend.