PDA

View Full Version : Makita 18v Cordless Nailer! But where to buy?

stevo26
2nd June 2012, 07:32 PM
Makita BPT351Z LXT 18V Li-Ion Cordless 23 Gauge Pin Nailer (Body Only) (BPT-351-Z) (http://www.toolstop.co.uk/makita-bpt351z-lxt-18v-li-ion-cordless-23-gauge-pin-nailer-body-only-p16342)

Looks like Makita have finally got their act together and jumped on the cordless nailer bandwagon.

I just discovered this now, and doing a couple google searches cant find anyone in this corner of the globe selling it.

Anyone got some info on this?

VEK TOOLS
3rd June 2012, 02:54 AM
It depends if it passes Aus standards, currently I haven't seen any news pop up from making a for it, if they don't think they will get the volume they won't pay for the Aus c tick approval as it costs around $3k to get the certification

Handyjack
3rd June 2012, 08:48 AM
I have seen other Makita nail guns but not this one.

One other point to consider, 23g brads for nail gun - can you buy them? The smallest I have seen on the shelf is C1 which are 18g (1.25mm).

wood duck 2
3rd June 2012, 05:00 PM
A 23 gauge bradder is only really useful if your doing really fine woodwork.
An 18 gauge cordless Paslode bradder is more than adequate for most small moulding work.

BobR
3rd June 2012, 06:59 PM
I gave up looking for a pin nailer here and ended up getting a Grex P635 from Rockler. I already have a brad nailer but got sick of hiding the heads on trim work. A pin nailer leaves almost no visible hole.

bsrlee
10th June 2012, 03:13 AM
Sooo, if Makita Australia decide we're all mushrooms, we can just buy it online & just use it with all our spare 18v batteries. Looks nice if a bit bulky, and easier to carry than the air compressor I need to run my Grex (also an Internet purchase, which is were you get the nails too).