PDA

View Full Version : Pepper Mills

Mulgabill
13th June 2012, 07:35 PM
I am currently quoting on a job for a number of pepper mills for a cafe. Given that they will potentially be used every day I would like some suggestions as to type of a quick serviceable finish I could apply.
I usually use Ubeaut's EEE, Shellawax and then Traditional Wax.

brendan stemp
13th June 2012, 10:01 PM
Spray them with nitrocellulose lacquer. Easy to apply, quick and very durable.

Mulgabill
14th June 2012, 03:18 PM
Spray them with nitrocellulose lacquer. Easy to apply, quick and very durable.

:doh::B Of course! In my dotage I forgot your Youtube video of some time ago and I still have our Club DVD on the topic.
Have not used NC for a little while. Problem solved:2tsup:

thompy
14th June 2012, 08:23 PM
please link the said vid if you have it up still i'd like to see it, i've heard some about it and referenced i'd like to learn some more.

Cheers,

Neal.

Mulgabill
14th June 2012, 08:35 PM
please link the said vid if you have it up still i'd like to see it, i've heard some about it and referenced i'd like to learn some more.

Cheers,

Neal.

There you go Neal.
Wood Turning Lacquering and Finishing - YouTube

thompy
14th June 2012, 09:14 PM
Thanks MB, an well done Brendan, i didnt realise the Nitro laquer was a one pac system, does it have to be sprayed? can it be "lathe applied"? i'll definatly bookmark the vid for later reference and i've learnt something today :2tsup:.

Neal.

Mulgabill
15th June 2012, 12:02 PM
Neal,
The product I use, similar to Brendan's, does require to be cut with thinners and sprayed on for better coverage. It is not meant to be use for "on lathe" finishing.

plantagenon
16th June 2012, 03:25 PM
Neal

I have atim of it over at my place. Will show you tomorrow

Greg