PDA

View Full Version : small Tassy Euc Bowl

hughie
9th July 2012, 10:48 AM
Had this piece of Tassy Euc lying around for several years roughed out gathering dust. Thought I had better finish it off, its roughly 7x2.5" or 6cmx 17cm finished with DO left at a matt finish. Its very light with a wall thickness of around 4-5mm and the dark line is coffee grounds and CA.

Reaper
9th July 2012, 12:29 PM
Had this piece of Tassy Euc lying around for several years roughed out gathering dust. Thought I had better finish it off, its roughly 7x2.5" or 6cmx 17cm finished with DO left at a matt finish. Its very light with a wall thickness of around 4-5mm and the dark line is coffee grounds and CA.

looks good mate, i think the matte finish is perfect for a wood like this.:2tsup:

the black line you mention, is that the one around the top or the void/crack on the side?

if its the ring did you have to do a piece at a time? did you take it off the lather to do? i ask because i attempted to do the same thing but on a smaller diameter and basically ballsed it up

TTIT
9th July 2012, 12:46 PM
Very nice Hughie :2tsup: Thought the next one would have been a little darker, harder and heavier :;

hughie
9th July 2012, 02:16 PM
if its the ring did you have to do a piece at a time? did you take it off the lather to do? i ask because i attempted to do the same thing but on a smaller diameter and basically ballsed it up

Filled the groove with the grounds and then the CA and poured more coffee grounds over the wet ground pat down.

Thought the next one would have been a little darker, harder and heavier

So did I but needed one in a hurry and this was handy.

wheelinround
9th July 2012, 04:27 PM
Hughie its got holes in it must be a Sunday bowl.

Nice love the color and finish look.:2tsup:

hughie
9th July 2012, 05:19 PM
its got holes in it must be a Sunday bowl.

Nah, if it wont hold water its art :U

turnerted
9th July 2012, 05:39 PM
Nice one Hughie
Ted

dr4g0nfly
9th July 2012, 10:56 PM
Nah, if it wont hold water its art :U

An interesting example of turned air!

Nicely done Hughie.

thumb trimmer
9th July 2012, 11:03 PM
nice one Neil.

powderpost
9th July 2012, 11:41 PM
Nice one Hughie.. :2tsup:
Jim

Wood Nut
11th July 2012, 10:09 PM
:)Nice job Hughie. I like the shape and the burnt(?) line near the top. The voids add character and I like your idea of holes making it art. Keep turning burls - I've already started making some things out of the last lot of offcuts.

Cheers,
Paul

Oops - just read the post again. Have heaps of coffee grinds and will have to try that. I wonder how it would go with milk? (an "in-joke") although Ray will understand