PDA

View Full Version : Vietnam Veteran's Distribution Begins

PenTurner
3rd August 2012, 09:39 PM
Just returned from a function at the Knox Civic Centre, it was in memory and honour of the Vietnam Vets 50th Anniversary.
I was seated at a table provided, and handed pens to the Veterans and any widows, thanking them for their service and handing them an engraved pen "Thank You Vietnam Vet",:2tsup: they were most appreciative;:2tsup: the photos speak for themselves, any questions please ask.
About 140 pens were distributed to night. Amos:)
http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc466/WoodenInk/Vietnam%20Veterans%20Knox%20Civic%20Centre%203%20Aug%202102/VeteransNightKnoxCivicCentre10.jpg
http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc466/WoodenInk/Vietnam%20Veterans%20Knox%20Civic%20Centre%203%20Aug%202102/VeteransNightKnoxCivicCentre2.jpg
http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc466/WoodenInk/Vietnam%20Veterans%20Knox%20Civic%20Centre%203%20Aug%202102/VeteransNightKnoxCivicCentre1.jpg
http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc466/WoodenInk/Vietnam%20Veterans%20Knox%20Civic%20Centre%203%20Aug%202102/VeteransNightKnoxCivicCentre7.jpg

Big Shed
3rd August 2012, 11:48 PM
Awesome job Amos, not only have you done the Vietnam Vets proud, you have done the forum proud.

Love the plaques you did, great presentation, very professional:2tsup::2tsup:

Well done to all who took part in this exercise:2tsup::2tsup:

Simomatra
4th August 2012, 09:21 AM
Congratulations Amos well done that is fantastic.

A big thank you to all that took place

Ironwood
4th August 2012, 07:18 PM
Amos, you have done yourself and the Forum proud.:2tsup:

The look on those 2 guys faces says it all.

Thumbs up to all who participated.:2tsup::2tsup:
Makes me feel slack because I didn't get mine finished.:-

maddog 62
5th August 2012, 02:33 PM
Amos
thankyou

gawdelpus
7th August 2012, 10:40 AM
Well done Amos, you can't put a price on the joy of giving ,but the value of a few bits of wood and metal , put together with soul and love is beyond Imagination :) cheers ~ John

PenTurner
7th August 2012, 01:47 PM
Thanks to you all for your appreciation, please remeber SAM in all this, I reckon he has put in a huge amount of time, in corresponding and receiving the pens, and also in the set up and maintenance of the Facebook page, by so doing he has brought many others to notice the efforts of all those that have pitched in with pens, every time I look at the pens I stand in awe of the great work and generosity of the many pen turners of this Forum, to you who have given so much, Thank You, :2tsup::2tsup::2tsup: Amos:)

bhedgesdipalo
9th August 2012, 04:05 PM
A Big Thankyou all round. That's the Aussie Spirit. 'GREAT TEAMWORK". To all of those who missed out this time, you never know there may be other opportunities to do the same again. We have lots of Veterans to thank for the wonderful part of the world we live in "AUSTRALIA" and for what they those WONDERFUL Service People, have done for us. THANKYOU Sam and Amos for giving me the opportunity to do my tiny bit. I'm proud of you all for doing what you began......................AWSOME

plantagenon
9th August 2012, 04:47 PM
Just came across the thread. Well done Amos and Sam for your efforts to express appreciation to those who served our country. I am certain those who received a pen would regard it warmly as an acknowledgement of their efforts so many years ago. The presentation table was done to perfection. :2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Groggy
9th August 2012, 06:21 PM
Well done Amos and Sam, fantastic gesture fellas :2tsup:

les88
9th August 2012, 06:54 PM
I can only add to the other members comments, it shows that governments come and go with no thoughts to the trouble that they cause and leave behind, that the ordinary folk do care. Well Done:2tsup::2tsup:
les

PenTurner
15th August 2012, 04:50 PM
Hello to all, 24 more pens taken to be given out at the dawn service on Vets Day this Saturday morning; also arrangement being made for around 100 or so pens to go to delegates from Viet Vets Clubs annual meeting in Healesville in October,; ALSO, Vets are considering donating towards kits for Pens for the Troops, as news come through I will post it, thanks Amos