View Full Version : wa wood shows

lola
13th March 2005, 09:50 PM
am chasing a list or calender of regional wood shows in western australia
any help would be appreciated
thanks

gatiep
14th March 2005, 01:17 AM
<TABLE height=246 cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=4 width=656 align=center border=1><TBODY><TR borderColor=#ffffff><TD vAlign=top width=85 height=135>Woodshows

Perth

:)

</TD><TD vAlign=top width=111>

August 12-14

</TD><TD vAlign=top width=178>

Claremont Showgrounds

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

lola
2nd April 2005, 08:15 PM
cheers old mate

sorry i took some time to reply(bloody work)
see you there

Wild Dingo
12th May 2005, 09:02 PM
Great minds think alike! I was just wonderin when this was happenin ;)
thanks Joe :cool:

So okay how does one KNOW whos a forum member an whos not? Do we have secret hand signals? special scratch that only we know? wheres me 'at? I aint got me 'at yet!! {mind you I must get over and have a gander at the threads maybe theyre ready an I just havent seen it duuuhhh :rolleyes:}

Maybe we should set up a meet?

echnidna
12th May 2005, 09:25 PM
Use foileys

vsquizz
12th May 2005, 09:44 PM
Have a look here:

http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/showthread.php?t=10207&page=1&pp=15&highlight=AWWFUL

Cheers

Jim Carroll
13th May 2005, 09:07 AM
You should be wearing one of the new "U Beaut " forum hats and maybe a foilie.

Wood Borer
13th May 2005, 09:52 AM
Foilies are generally only worn by distinguished people. That theory was proved at the Melbourne show last year - not many people at the show were wearing them.

The UBeaut caps can be bought with a Foilie emblem so if you are distinguished like some of us Melbourne people, get one of those otherwise just get a normal UBeaut cap.

I only ordered mine recently but I am keen to ensure it doesn't interfere with my hairstyle.

Redback
10th June 2005, 06:52 PM
Am thinking I need to get one of these TSC-10HB tablesaws....

I note the perth show is coming up soon, do places like carbatec and timbecon usually have items like this on sale or only a few items?

Robert WA
10th June 2005, 07:20 PM
We need to choose a day , Saturday or Sunday, and a time and place to meet. If I remember correctly, the uniform for 2004 was a pink frock.

Robert WA
10th June 2005, 07:27 PM
Redback.

Carbatec and Timbecom will be there with bells on. They are two of the biggest exhibitors.
A word of caution. If you have your eye on a particular product, be sure to know the regular retail price before you head for the show. Not every product on display is cheap.
If the 10" table saw is your target, be sure to look at the Jet range as well.

Rob.

alf t
10th June 2005, 07:37 PM
Adventures in Wood Inc has a 2 week show at the Albany Boat Shed, Princess Royal Drive. Albany, during Southern Craft Trail . The show is held during the Sept/Oct school holidays

Robert WA
10th June 2005, 07:58 PM
Hi Alf. I haven't seen you here for quite a while. I hope all is well.

I retire in August and will then have time to spare. The show at the Boatshed could not be timed better for me.

Rob

gatiep
10th June 2005, 08:19 PM
Quote:"Am thinking I need to get one of these TSC-10HB tablesaws....

I note the perth show is coming up soon, do places like carbatec and timbecon usually have items like this on sale or only a few items?"

Redback:

There usually are 10 HB saws for sale at the show. Carbatec have stock there, boxed to be picked up, or pay at the show and pick up from the Balcatta warehouse! Thats what I did a few years ago.

Redback
20th July 2005, 07:01 PM
tis getting closer!...

ok, so do Carbatec and timbecon have good discounts or is it all smoke and mirrors.

Getting my tax return soon (I hope), should get around $2200, so a new tsc10hb is definately on the cards....

Trying to work out if I should wait for the show or not!

Wild Dingo
20th July 2005, 09:38 PM
Mate like has been said look at what else is on offer! Jet looks to be pretty fine solid gear so Ive found since finally locating PMTS here in Bunbury :rolleyes: Definantly see what else is out there before whacking down the $$$
Of course if you must get it from timbecon be prepared for a hell of a bloody wait... three months and counting here...

Not having a go at them but heck its a fair flamin mongrel of a wait! :( Ive had a call from them saying that the last bits of the saw will be here this coming week but given that Ive heard similar statements before and am still waiting I wont hold my breath... Just remember to look at the others mate maybe I just had a flamin mongrel run over the months of May through July and its not normal... okay its definantly was not normal and my probs with timbecon were just the icing on the cake of a set of mongrel months... but mate check everything out BEFORE you drop the notes on the table

I doubt I will be there this year even though I need to replace pretty much all my tools (including the new still in box big ones) thanks to ol hewy up there and his flamin storms finances arent what they should be or were... so I will sit back and wait for you blokes to tell me all about your purchases!! :cool:

Sprog
21st July 2005, 06:49 PM
Getting my tax return soon (I hope), should get around $2200, so a new tsc10hb is definately on the cards....
Trying to work out if I should wait for the show or not!

You might want to check out the specials now on at CarbatecWA

http://www.gtp.com.au/cgi-bin/icommerce3/order/formclassic.cgi?file=woodstock&display=495&id=TSC10HB

Pete J
22nd July 2005, 09:52 AM
You might want to check out the specials now on at CarbatecWA

http://www.gtp.com.au/cgi-bin/icommerce3/order/formclassic.cgi?file=woodstock&display=495&id=TSC10HB

It might be 'special' or it might not. If the router extension replaces the usual wing, it should be available for about the same price as the standard version. Given that pricing for this saw has been keen on the eastern seaboard it doesn't seem to make sense to me that the saw should return to 'usual' pricing equivalent to the days when the A$ was trading at US 50 cents.

Regards

Redback
22nd July 2005, 01:48 PM
given the prices I have heard this saw quoted by other forum members fairly recently, this is a long way from a special price. (about $300 more expensive from what I have seen).

I can't believe there is a $300 freight difference...

The only person I have seen review the router wing didnt seem too happy with it either....

Might look into the jet range...

Sprog
22nd July 2005, 03:29 PM
Hey, I only supplied the link, it is up to you as to decide if it is "special" or not.

Just trying to be helpful, information is power, do your research and make your own decisions.