PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy electronic micrometers

steran50
10th August 2012, 01:57 PM
HI All:),
Just wondering if Anyone has any Reccomendations as to where to Buy Electronic/Digital Outside Micrometers?. I want to Buy a 0 - 25mm and 25 - 50mm one and both must be able to go to Inches.
Thanks in Advance.

eskimo
10th August 2012, 02:39 PM
depends on what you want to pay....

a mitutoyo? or similar/better quality
or a cheapie like fowler or even better kinchrome

I got my 0-1' 293-340 mitutoyo coolant proof from Hugo's Industrial via amazon for AU$169.66 incl delivery ....plus international bank fees...cant for get that:((

I got a fowler 1-2" from enco ..AU$191.00 delivered plus the usual extra fees as above :((:((:((

most digital stuff do both imp and metric these days...if they dont they ruddy well should

Series 293 Coolant Proof Micrometers - 1" digimatic micrometerno spc output: Amazon.com: Power & Hand Tools

Dave J
10th August 2012, 03:12 PM
I have Mitutoyo mic's but for the electronic ones I just bought the cheaper ones like these below from CTC. From what I have checked they are accurate and come with carbide faces.
0-1" (0-25MM) DIGITAL HIGH RESOLUTION MICROMETER #C97 (http://www.ctctools.biz/servlet/the-90/0-dsh-1%22-%280-dsh-25MM%29-DIGITAL-HIGH/Detail)

For $35 you wont have a heart attack if you do ever drop them, LOL
The 25-50mm ones are available on ebay along with ones right up to 100mm in the same style.

They are also available in the splash proof variety on ebay, and are about double the price of these ones.

Dave

steran50
11th August 2012, 02:53 PM
HI ALL:),
I forgot to Say not ones that are going to Cost me an Arm and a Leg. It is a Shame that CTC Tools don't have a 25 - 50mm Mike as well. When I was on Ebay last Night I noticed that the ''dscount machine shop' which is Shars had their Shipping Marked as Excluding Australia - has Anyone else noticed this?. I don't know if this is the same or not if You Buy something from the Shars Website and want it Shipped to Australia.
Thankyou:2tsup: for the Links I will have a look at them Tonight.

Stustoys
11th August 2012, 03:22 PM
HI ALL:),
When I was on Ebay last Night I noticed that the ''dscount machine shop' which is Shars had their Shipping Marked as Excluding Australia - has Anyone else noticed this?. I don't know if this is the same or not if You Buy something from the Shars Website and want it Shipped to Australia.

Hi Stewart,
I've noticed it. It appears you can still order through their webpage though the postage seems pretty high so I haven't bothered.