PDA

View Full Version : Sluggish AU post delivery times

.RC.
13th August 2012, 01:32 PM
Is it just my imagination or is AU postage times blowing out to the totally ludicrous?

Greg posted me a parcel in Melbourne last Monday, still not arrived at Rockhampton after seven days...

This is not out of the ordinary either, not the first time I have had slow mail from AU post.. It is not like parcels are cheap sending them through the post either..

Big Shed
13th August 2012, 02:22 PM
Probably all the people buying stuff online.

I sent a parcel to Melbourne the other day, 150km away, and it took 4 days, usually overnight.

Bryan
13th August 2012, 02:23 PM
I had an "overnight" bag take 3 or 4 days recently. :(

Big Shed
13th August 2012, 02:28 PM
I had an "overnight" bag take 3 or 4 days recently. :(

Is your postcode in the Express Post postcode range?

Ueee
13th August 2012, 02:30 PM
The only time I have noticed is when I sent the blank end arbours to Nev and BT. I sent them on a Wednesday, nev had his on Friday, bit it took till the following Friday for BT to get his. Otherwise all eBay purchases have been delivered in less than a week.

Bryan
13th August 2012, 02:36 PM
Is your postcode in the Express Post postcode range?
Probably not.

Acco
13th August 2012, 03:43 PM
I had a box about the size of a carton of beer posted from Sydney about a month ago and it took about 8 or 9 days from memory.

dabbler
13th August 2012, 06:58 PM
The casting dvds seem to be traversing the country fairly quickly. Maybe it's the size but probably destination. I rec'd a 8kg parcel ordered 3pm Tues Syd, delivered Thurs pm GC.

eskimo
13th August 2012, 07:33 PM
where's rockhampton?...:D

Steamwhisperer
13th August 2012, 08:05 PM
Where's East Warby :D

dabbler
13th August 2012, 08:12 PM

8 or 9 days from Sydney ?

Acco
13th August 2012, 08:22 PM

Hmm let's see,

1hr 29mins or 86km from Melbourne CBD to East Warby

And

1hr 20mins or 115km from Melbourne CBD to Ballarat

:q:U

Steamwhisperer
13th August 2012, 08:56 PM
Hmm let's see,

1hr 29mins or 86km from Melbourne CBD to East Warby

And

1hr 20mins or 115km from Melbourne CBD to Ballarat

:q:U

That makes it about 3 hours to East Warby from here. Yet another reason to not visit family:D:D:D

Phil

Scott
13th August 2012, 10:13 PM
I've been receiving stuff from interstate and Melbourne metro area quickly however sending stuff out of Melbourne takes a while.

tinkera
13th August 2012, 10:53 PM
Hi Guys, I ordered small package from Brisbane last Monday and in my P.O. box country S.A. last Wednesday morning. I must admit I was very surprised.
Ian S.

SurfinNev
13th August 2012, 10:57 PM
WA to Qld has been quite quick for me. Sydney, Melbourne take longer usually.

Nev

Acco
13th August 2012, 11:08 PM
That makes it about 3 hours to East Warby from here. Yet another reason to not visit family:D:D:D

Phil

I take it that you use to live here or your family moved here to get away from you :q :D:D

Steamwhisperer
13th August 2012, 11:31 PM
I take it that you use to live here or your family moved here to get away from you :q :D:D

Born bred and raised there. Come to think of it, they didn't try to stop me when I D

Retromilling
14th August 2012, 01:01 PM
I have had stuff come from America quicker than from Sydney 2 hours away . Our postage system is very patchy to say the least. We had three parcels posted last week from Sydney all posted together at the same time but only one has arrived yesterday . My mail only seems to come every few days not every day as some days there is a big bunch of letters and the postal dates show that some were posted a week ago . It seems to me that there is no such thing as a daily postal sorting service anymore . The Postman may come past everyday but that does not mean your mail is sorted and delivered each day as it comes in .
I guess it could be worse and we could have a service like some third world countries have . However there is a big difference between the service you get at a Real Post Office and an agency ( privately owned post office ) My local Post office has very good staff so that makes up for a lot .

Acco
14th August 2012, 01:08 PM
Born bred and raised there. Come to think of it, they didn't try to stop me when I D

You'll have to drop me a PM next time you're visiting.

.RC.
14th August 2012, 01:34 PM
Got it today..... 8 days later...

Ueee
14th August 2012, 03:07 PM
Brett "fencefurniture" sent me a 4.5 kg box of liogier files and colt drills yesterday. They turned up today about midday. That's from katoomba to here in 24 hours. I guess maybe there service is more erratic than downright unreliable.

Bryan
14th August 2012, 04:18 PM
I ordered something small (padded envelope) from Melb on the w/e and got it today (Tue).

Steamwhisperer
14th August 2012, 07:17 PM
You'll have to drop me a PM next time you're visiting.

Will do

Steamwhisperer
14th August 2012, 07:21 PM
Brett "fencefurniture" sent me a 4.5 kg box of liogier files and colt drills yesterday. They turned up today about midday. That's from katoomba to here in 24 hours. I guess maybe there service is more erratic than downright unreliable.

Hi Ewan,
I will be posting your tool holder tomorrow. Interesting to see how long it takes to arrive. Probably not as long as it took me to clean it and put it on a postpak tube. Apologies for that.

Phil

Ueee
14th August 2012, 07:43 PM
Thanks Phil,
Should be interesting to see how long it takes. You didn't need to clean it up, but i certainly won't complain that you have:)

Steamwhisperer
15th August 2012, 07:03 PM
Thanks Phil,
Should be interesting to see how long it takes. You didn't need to clean it up, but i certainly won't complain that you have:)

Hi Ewan,
Posted it today about lunch time, registered mail.
Had to clean it, I kept getting dirty hands:D

Phil