PDA

View Full Version : Hall Table year 12 Major

BenBrown
19th August 2012, 10:49 PM
Hey guys just would like to thank any of you who had given me advice while I was making this. It is such a relief to have it finally finished, but I miss the feeling of being able to do some woodwork everyday at school.

So everything is handmade and all out of new guinea rosewood. I made some simple handles, wooden drawer runners and the whole lot. Would love to hear anything you have to say, hopefully it gets me the marks :)

antho94
19th August 2012, 10:54 PM
mate that looks nice, youve done well :2tsup:

Mr Brush
19th August 2012, 11:00 PM
Very nice job - well done :2tsup:

I vaguely remember you asking about how to make the curved leg parts - are they laminated, steam bent, or just cut from very wide boards?

Good choice of timber as well - love the colour.

BenBrown
19th August 2012, 11:40 PM
Very nice job - well done :2tsup:

I vaguely remember you asking about how to make the curved leg parts - are they laminated, steam bent, or just cut from very wide boards?

Good choice of timber as well - love the colour.

Yeah it was my main thing to overcome, I ended up laminating them because it was the strong, simple (while still having skill involved) and most importantly reliable and repeatable.
Yeah im really happy with timber choice, it varies in tone through out the job so it has some good effects in it, plus it matches my skirting boards around my house

Scott
19th August 2012, 11:56 PM
Great job ben, love the curves and the drawers which must of been quite a challenge. You deserve top marks, well done :)

pjt
20th August 2012, 12:17 AM
:2tsup: Looks good

Pete

marc_s
22nd August 2012, 07:59 PM
Very impressive Mr Brown. you've done well. how'd you make the top? factory?

artme
22nd August 2012, 08:09 PM
Beautiful looking piece Ben. Congratulations!!:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

I like NGR. How did you find it to work with?

BenBrown
5th September 2012, 09:44 PM
Thankyou for all your kind words much appreciated

Beautiful looking piece Ben. Congratulations!!:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

I like NGR. How did you find it to work with?
I really like how the NGR come up in the end with the oil finish. To work with it is the perfect material for bending as it just was simple and problem free to bend. But at times i found it had alot of cranky grain when i was trying to plane off material or dress the sides, a few twists and winds but altogether it was good to work with. love it :)

Michael Jr
16th September 2012, 08:48 PM
Very nice piece! Congratulations!

Chris1144
17th July 2013, 08:26 PM
Excellent job, should've received band 6 hopefully. The curve for your legs, is this the same curve throughout the project?

aney
1st August 2013, 10:27 PM
Excellent job, should've received band 6 hopefully. The curve for your legs, is this the same curve throughout the project?

yeah i'm pretty sure i saw it in the intech display at the working with wood show in Sydney

Pac man
1st August 2013, 10:38 PM
:whs:

Wongo
2nd August 2013, 10:41 AM
Very nice work. You should be very happy with it. :2tsup:

Evanism
3rd August 2013, 07:04 PM
Excellent job, especially on the legs. Very clever to laminate them all in the same jig. Exact copies of a complex curve every time.