PDA

View Full Version : Blind Hole Spotters

colbra
24th August 2012, 09:54 PM
Hi All
Does anybody know where I could purchase a set of blind hole spotters in Australia as in this l link from the States Blind Hole Spotter Set (Spellmaco) (http://www.wttool.com/index/page/product/product_id/9090/product_name/Blind+Hole+Spotter+Set+%28Spellmaco%29&update_continue_shopping=true)

I have been using dowel tranfer pins but would like a full set in imperial and metric blind hole spotter
Colbra :)

Greg Q
25th August 2012, 02:43 AM
Yes. Get thwm from Enco in the US. They have a 20% discount until end of FRiday their time. Use discount code SCHOOL at checkout.

Wholesale tool, the company you linked, does not ship out of the US and they do not take foreign credit cards while Enco does.

Enco will quote shipping after the order...insist that they use a flat rate box medium size if they do not offer it. You're going to be up for about $200 all up.

Greg

colbra
25th August 2012, 08:50 AM
Yes. Get thwm from Enco in the US. They have a 20% discount until end of FRiday their time. Use discount code SCHOOL at checkout.

Wholesale tool, the company you linked, does not ship out of the US and they do not take foreign credit cards while Enco does.

Enco will quote shipping after the order...insist that they use a flat rate box medium size if they do not offer it. You're going to be up for about $200 all up.

Greg

Thanks Greg I have ordered a set bit on the expensive side but what can you do...... if you want them...... then that's the price.
Colbra:)

PS if we are the lucky country and doing so well.... and they are doing so bad, how come we always pay more for our stuff :doh:

Greg Q
25th August 2012, 10:08 AM
That, that is a constant annoyance until you realise that in each case retailers charge what the market will bear. Wages in the US have been stagnant in real terms since the seventies. People actually raise families on $20/hr.

There are many European brands that are expensive everywhere except the US for example.

Greg

jack620
25th August 2012, 10:17 AM
There are many European brands that are expensive everywhere except the US for example.

E.g. Festool. :(

colbra
25th August 2012, 11:48 AM
E.g. Festool. :(

That, that is a constant annoyance until you realise that in each case retailers charge what the market will bear. Wages in the US have been stagnant in real terms since the seventies. People actually raise families on $20/hr.

Greg

Thank you Gentlemen for your replies :2tsup:..... Its all above me! I'm off to the back to the shed:U
I never was the sharpest tool in the shed:doh:
Col:)

Ueee
25th August 2012, 07:32 PM
For those of us (ok so maybe its just me:D) that don't know what they are can someone elaborate? A google only found links to purchase, and no description of what they do.

shedhappens
25th August 2012, 07:46 PM
Try this Ueee

MACHINE SHOP TIPS #26 Transferring Holes Part 1 tubalcain - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMHM1Ku74H4)

MACHINE SHOP TIPS #27 Transferring Holes Part 2 tubalcain - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7kkvWYIfTA)

At least thats what I think they are ?

SurfinNev
25th August 2012, 08:21 PM
Love to find one of those small drill presses for the price he got his.

Nev