PDA

View Full Version : intarsia chopper motorcycle

bobman 58
27th August 2012, 11:31 PM
hi heres a intarsia chopper i made the pattern is from garnet hall it measures 38"x18"the woods used are mahogany walnut cherry and maple the tyres and other black pieces are ebonised thanks for looking

Dalboy
29th August 2012, 04:38 AM
Great job Bob:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:. Up to your usual standard.

What have you planned to do next.

I am 75% of the way through my first Intarsia piece I saw the pattern and thought that it lends its self to be made into a clock.

bobman 58
29th August 2012, 05:16 AM
thanks for the comment derek my next job will be making another intarsia bulldog i am giving the model making a rest for a while i have already made 2 one for my son and one for my sister this ones for me what is it your making ?

Dalboy
29th August 2012, 07:28 AM
Bob it is mice with cheese I found while searching for something else. Where the top hole is is where the clock is going and will fit to a stand. Just hope it turns out 1/2 as good as yours.

bobman 58
29th August 2012, 06:23 PM
hi derek i made the mouse and cheese a while back but it never came out very well due to the lack of decent wood a fun one to make though bob

Dalboy
30th August 2012, 04:58 AM
hi derek i made the mouse and cheese a while back but it never came out very well due to the lack of decent wood a fun one to make though bob

And a simple one not too many parts as it is the first intarsia for me:B

j&j
30th August 2012, 09:40 PM
Bob, The Chopper is briliant, I have been a motor cycle enthusiast for year's. I've rode a few & fell off quite a few. But's that's a different story. I think your motorcycle is terrific
You have done well as usual.
Keep up the good work.
I am waiting to see your truck & how you finish it. It seem's to good to leave in the back of the shed.
Regard's Jim:2tsup:

bobman 58
30th August 2012, 11:44 PM
hello jim thanks for the comments on the chopper it was a fun one to make took me about six weeks on and off; has for the cabover truck i havent done nothing else to it at present i am giving the model making a bit of a rest has i am running out of room ive got back in to the intarsia at the moment when i get fed up with that i will probaly go back to the model making bob

artme
2nd September 2012, 09:25 AM
Superb!!!:brava:brava:brava:brava