PDA

View Full Version : Foot Operated Cabinet Opener?

MajorPanic
28th March 2005, 09:09 PM
Hi All,

I visited an ex-neighbour at his new abode and was impressed with a cabinet that held a kitchen waste bin. Well, it wasn't the cabinet actually but the toe operated door opener. It was at the bottom of the cabinet cover (door) & when pressed in with a toe/foot the whole bin and cover slid out. :cool:

I've searched Blum, HÄFELE & Hettich & haven't found nothing similar has anybody seen this mechanism??
SWMBO is is being adamant she wants this in the new kitchen. :(
Any help would be appreciated.;)

journeyman Mick
28th March 2005, 09:44 PM
Sorry Major, never heard of them. You might have to go and see the bloke again to see if there's any identifying brand names on the mechanism. Please post details if you find out. :)

Mick

vsquizz
28th March 2005, 09:45 PM
MP, don't quote me on this one but I think its Ikea. We got one where the bins are on horizontal roller slides. The two bins come out of the cupboard when you open the door but we don't have the foot catch thingy.

Hope it helps

Cheers

bitingmidge
28th March 2005, 09:48 PM
Major,

Ikea :rolleyes: .... the auto model that you only need one hand to operate!! :D :D

My Hafele cattledog is a bit long in the tooth, but the part no is 502.15.113

It's called a door opener for pull out drawer units (Hafele's bold, not mine!).

Description is as follows:

Fitting set comprises pedal with magnetic catch, counterplate and draw spring.

The pedal is mounted beneath the cupboard floor, (on the kick in the pic-P), the counter plate on the inside of the drawer front.

Light foot pressure on the pedal is sufficient to release the magenetic catch, allowing the spring installed between the cupboard floor and drawer base to pull the drawer, drawerfront and waste bin forward of the carcase. Both hands are let free to drop and in refuse and the drawer can be reclosed with the knee.

Cheers,

P ;)

echnidna
28th March 2005, 09:54 PM
I useta open the front door wiv me boot.
But afta havin to put it back on its hinges 3 times in one week I gave up that habit. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

MajorPanic
28th March 2005, 10:53 PM
Major,

Ikea :rolleyes: .... the auto model that you only need one hand to operate!! :D :D

My Hafele cattledog is a bit long in the tooth, but the part no is 502.15.113

It's called a door opener for pull out drawer units (Hafele's bold, not mine!).

Description is as follows:

Cheers,

P ;)
Peter, Peter, Peter....

COME ON DOWN!!!!.... YOUR A WINNER!!!:D :D

That's the one!
Thanks for that. Checked it out in the online catalogue by part number. :D ;) :D ;) http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/images/icons/icon14.gif

bitingmidge
28th March 2005, 11:26 PM
All part of the service!!

P
:D :D :D