PDA

View Full Version : i need a woodturner

Grandchester
11th October 2012, 03:43 PM
Hey guys
we need a table base turned that is about 900 round . It needs to be a great job its a very high end customer .
Can you get back to me if your interested we will supply the timber .
Thanks guys
Grandchester

Check out our pieces
grandchesterdesigns.com.au

wheelinround
11th October 2012, 04:48 PM
email sent

tea lady
11th October 2012, 04:54 PM
and me would be the go of course. :cool:

Pat
11th October 2012, 05:03 PM
, more than likely:q

tea lady
11th October 2012, 05:08 PM
, more than likely:qI have been doing some of the big things too. ::cool:

DJ’s Timber
11th October 2012, 05:13 PM
and me would be the go of course. :cool:

You do realise that he is in Sydney not Melbourne :B

Scott
11th October 2012, 08:02 PM
This is almost like a jew jump!

ian
11th October 2012, 11:50 PM
email sent
hi wheelin'

I didn't know you had a lathe that can swing a 950mm DIAMETER solidl

FWIW
I'd suggest building the table base using a built up -- possibly coopered -- constructionh

tea lady
12th October 2012, 12:23 AM
You do realise that he is in Sydney not Melbourne :B:doh: Just saw "mulgrave" Anyway........ when they can't find anyone up there they know where to come. :whistling: :U

oreos40
12th October 2012, 01:20 AM
Hey guys
we need a table base turned that is about 900 round . It needs to be a great job its a very high end customer .
Can you get back to me if your interested we will supply the timber .
Thanks guys
Grandchester

Check out our pieces
grandchesterdesigns.com.au

about 3 feet? I am in the states. Shipping might be a bear but I can swing it.

gus3049
12th October 2012, 05:52 AM
Without wishing to upset anyone that might want this job, why should this be done on a lathe anyway. Is it something about the profile or what.

When I'm making round tables, no matter what the materials or size, I make it with the router. The main circle with a long straight cutter and the router on a swing arm and then any edge profiles are easy freehand with bearing led cutters.

As my lathe is a standard Chiwanese jobby, I couldn't consider anything that big anyway, but would still prefer the router.

wheelinround
12th October 2012, 09:21 AM
hi wheelin'

I didn't know you had a lathe that can swing a 950mm DIAMETER solidl

FWIW
I'd suggest building the table base using a built up -- possibly coopered -- constructionh

I don't but know two fellows who do and they are top turners live close by this fellow.

Having seen this fellows work at Sturt Wood School doing a demo on building up laminations he is well versed in building up.:2tsup:

Grandchester
12th October 2012, 09:26 AM
Thanks for the replies
I would consider doing layers but would want them on the thick side of things its 750mm high so i would do 3 layers if that makes it easier .
Cheers

nz_carver
12th October 2012, 01:59 PM
hands down is the way to go with 30 yes in the game
hes got the know how and can do its only Melbourne and if you want the job done rite what's wrong with getting it sent from Melbourne ?

RETIRED
12th October 2012, 02:53 PM
Without wishing to upset anyone that might want this job, why should this be done on a lathe anyway. Is it something about the profile or what.

When I'm making round tables, no matter what the materials or size, I make it with the router. The main circle with a long straight cutter and the router on a swing arm and then any edge profiles are easy freehand with bearing led cutters.

As my lathe is a standard Chiwanese jobby, I couldn't consider anything that big anyway, but would still prefer the router.Gus, It is base, not the top.:D

gus3049
12th October 2012, 05:10 PM
Gus, It is base, not the top.:D
Whoops:C