PDA

View Full Version : A drink every twelve and a half years

gus3049
13th October 2012, 03:15 AM
:drunk22:Funny lot the Dutch.

We had an invitation to a wedding anniversary. Twelve and a half years already!@!!

Read about it on the net and the best explanation I found was that as 25 years is considered married for life, half way through there was the possibility of parole:U

Anyway, I realised we had nothing to give them, so knocked up a couple of captive ring goblets.

I will explain the significance of course:inlove:

I am, of course, aware of the multitude of faults but its the emotion behind the gifts that counts, not the quality, right?:;

Rod Gilbert
13th October 2012, 09:40 AM
We are our own worst critic's anyone but a wood worker will see nothing but the beautiful work you have produced the slight imperfection's will only be noticed by you(and they are what make them individual). What is the timber.
Regards Rod.:2tsup:

Willy Nelson
13th October 2012, 09:54 AM
Well they look good to me! I can see a slight difference, but only because I am looking to compare the two. No one will notice. What I did notice was your spelling of your country, Framce??????????
Willy
Oztralia (TIC of course

gus3049
13th October 2012, 04:45 PM
We are our own worst critic's anyone but a wood worker will see nothing but the beautiful work you have produced the slight imperfection's will only be noticed by you(and they are what make them individual). What is the timber.
Regards Rod.:2tsup:

Hi Rod,

Yup, funny thing. We always see the worst and are harsh critics of our own work. The punter always just seems to see the wood. If its got grain and a finish that seems OK with them.

There are times when my wife has to tell me to stop fussing and finish the damn thing:o

The wood is cherry. I didn't choose the wood as I made them from offcuts that were too small from another order of SIXTEEN goblets. I made a pattern for those!!

gus3049
13th October 2012, 04:50 PM
Well they look good to me! I can see a slight difference, but only because I am looking to compare the two. No one will notice. What I did notice was your spelling of your country, Framce??????????
Willy
Oztralia (TIC of course

Hi Willy,

Thanks for the comment. You are right of course, they didn't notice or of they did, they think its because they are hand made and not factory produced - clever people:U

Framce, what's wrong with that??

Hic:cheers:

dennisk
14th October 2012, 03:29 AM
Funny lot the dutch. Being of dutch descent, I resemble that remark! I think I have heard most of the dutch jokes lately, but this is one of my favorites. There are a lot of dutch farmers in Alberta, and it goes like this. There are only two things wrong with the Dutch, they are overbearing, and they are over here !

Jonzjob
14th October 2012, 04:24 AM
Different heights, the bases are different and the grain is definately not the same! What the hell are you playing at man? You don't actually expect anyone to pay for shoddy workmanship like that do you. I mean, if they were real plastique they would be identiqual! :o

Nice though aren't they. I do like cherry. A lovely wood to turn and always looks lovely. They will e chuffed to bits with those mate!

gus3049
14th October 2012, 05:52 AM
Different heights, the bases are different and the grain is definately not the same! What the hell are you playing at man? You don't actually expect anyone to pay for shoddy workmanship like that do you. I mean, if they were real plastique they would be identiqual! :o

Nice though aren't they. I do like cherry. A lovely wood to turn and always looks lovely. They will e chuffed to bits with those mate!

You forgot to mention that the little coves under the cups aren't the same either. I do hope they like them. I have ulterior motives of course, being a rotten barsteward. Erik has had one of my pre-amps to fix for months and I rather hope that he will sort of feel it might be a good idea to look at it.

Not of course that this is in any way the REAL reason:innocent:, I wouldn't be so obvious.

Jonzjob
14th October 2012, 06:31 AM
I didn't forget anything my friend, I just didn't want to rub in too many diskrap-empties with them? (all red)

After all, I would never try to pre-empt a pre-amp problem that may well turn out to be music to your ears:wink: Or indeed to amplifie any of your outstanding problems?

Failing that. Why don't you just ask him if he has got his donkey, or some animal like that, in gear and repaired said electrifical kit yet?:?

gus3049
14th October 2012, 06:39 AM
I didn't forget anything my friend, I just didn't want to rub in too many diskrap-empties with them? (all red)

After all, I would never try to pre-empt a pre-amp problem that may well turn out to be music to your ears:wink: Or indeed to amplifie any of your outstanding problems?

Failing that. Why don't you just ask him if he has got his donkey, or some animal like that, in gear and repaired said electrifical kit yet?:?

I probably will but he is doing it as a favour so its a bit hard to push him. I am assuming he will be so overcome with gratitude that he will feel extremely guilty that he hadn't stayed up all night fixin' it:devil:

Jonzjob
14th October 2012, 06:57 AM
Imagine the curcumstance?

You are there in your oh so busy workshop, turning 2 wonderful, double captive ring goblets for a special friend hoping for his repreive on his 12 1/2 year avinersary and you can't hear you most bestist music because one of yer pre-amps is knick-knacked and he, your bestist Dutch friend wot knows postive from negative is champing at the bit to repair your kit but did forget he has got it.

Then, he gets 2 wonderful double captive ring goblets from his bestist friend to remind him that he is only 1/2 way through the 25 years and suddenly remembers that he has the thing that you treasure most!

His reaction has got to be to search and find said treasure and bin it :o

Such is life?:? Not really though:D

gus3049
14th October 2012, 07:06 AM
Imagine the curcumstance?

You are there in your oh so busy workshop, turning 2 wonderful, double captive ring goblets for a special friend hoping for his repreive on his 12 1/2 year avinersary and you can't hear you most bestist music because one of yer pre-amps is knick-knacked and he, your bestist Dutch friend wot knows postive from negative is champing at the bit to repair your kit but did forget he has got it.

Then, he gets 2 wonderful double captive ring goblets from his bestist friend to remind him that he is only 1/2 way through the 25 years and suddenly remembers that he has the thing that you treasure most!

His reaction has got to be to search and find said treasure and bin it :o

Such is life?:? Not really though:D

Thank you and goodnight.

I'm off to bed to dream of my coffee and croissants in the morning:coffee:

Jonzjob
14th October 2012, 07:10 AM
Sleep tight!

Tea and a couple of boiled eggs are much better. Eggs dunked with fresh bread and RAW, unpasturised, butter! Miam miam miam!

artme
14th October 2012, 12:48 PM
They look Ok to me Gus!! Nice work!:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Not only do I turn 65 today but my lovely wife and I have bee married 25 years today. smart move on my part, I don't forger the anniversary.

Now perhaps you can turn 4 of those goblets for us!:D:p

gus3049
14th October 2012, 03:16 PM
They look Ok to me Gus!! Nice work!:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Not only do I turn 65 today but my lovely wife and I have bee married 25 years today. smart move on my part, I don't forger the anniversary.

Now perhaps you can turn 4 of those goblets for us!:D:p

You only mentioned ONE wife:whistling:

Happy anniversary. I too am 65 but have only been married for ten years now. Not sure we will make 25 but I'm willing to give it a go.

artme
14th October 2012, 04:56 PM
On the basis thast 12 and a half = 2 goblets, then.....:rolleyes:

gus3049
14th October 2012, 05:05 PM
On the basis thast 12 and a half = 2 goblets, then.....:rolleyes:

Ahhh, silly me.

Thats what you get when you get up too early on a Sunday morning.............

Jonzjob
14th October 2012, 06:58 PM
Well, I'm a tad older than you 2 and we had ur 4th wed aniversary this year, 16 years, don't seem real?:o:o

"I too am 65 but have only been married for ten years now. Not sure we will make 25 but I'm willing to give it a go"

You'll outlive all of us Gordon:D Only the good go early mate!

gus3049
14th October 2012, 07:07 PM
You'll outlive all of us Gordon:D Only the good go early mate!

'ere, have you bin lookin' then? HowdUno?

Jonzjob
14th October 2012, 08:19 PM
I know 'cause I is psychiatric or should psychedelic:?:?

Christos
17th October 2012, 05:39 PM
Ahhh, silly me.

Thats what you get when you get up too early on a Sunday morning.............

I get heaps done when I get up early. :2tsup:

:lolabove: