PDA

View Full Version : I turned my lathe on yesterday

petersemple
29th October 2012, 11:02 AM
Didn't even put any wood on it, but I turned it on. Doesn't sound like much, but I needed to share with people who would understand. It's been about 3 or 4 years since it was last turned on, so it's a pretty big thing for me. What with getting a house ready for sale, going out every weekend looking at new places, moving house, and then having to sort out the new shed which is way smaller than the old one (getting a new one sometime...) and was jumbled with some junk and some good stuff left behind by the previous people, it's ben ages since I had a space that was empty enough to think about actually using the lathe rather than storing it. I finally over the last few weekends have had time to rearrange, sort, throw out etc and I have enough room to be able to stand at the lathe and use it. Hopefully next weekend for a project! :D:D:D

jimbur
29th October 2012, 11:52 AM
Good luck Peter. Bet you had a smug look on your face.:U
Cheers,
Jim

petersemple
29th October 2012, 12:12 PM
Good luck Peter. Bet you had a smug look on your face.:U
Cheers,
Jim

Oh yeah! specially since I replaced the start cap since it was last on, so it started up better than it has in a while. Run it up and down the speeds a few times, and then just left it on for a while to listen to the purr. Sigh!

tea lady
29th October 2012, 12:52 PM
:wave:

sturina
30th October 2012, 07:15 AM
Fantastic news! I've been in a similar place to you recently but it's only been above two months. I have a couple of pens glued up and hope to do them today. Just like you I'm itching. Hope you get some well deserved time at the weekend.