PDA

View Full Version : Louie the Fly

cqvillas
1st November 2012, 02:13 PM
Hi Folks,

Some of you may remember the old type fly sprayers that we used to use. Well I came across one hidden away in the shed and I thought I would have a go at making one out of timber. It took me a couple of goes to get the hole in the main body to line up, but all went well in the end.
I decided to enter it in the Torimba Wood Festival competition in the spindle turning section and low and behold it ended up taking first prize which I wasn't expecting but chuffed all the same.
The timbers are Tamorind, Queen Ebony, Rose Sheok, Jacarandah and Red Cedar finished with 4 coats of lacquer.
Anyway I thought it might bring back some memories for a few of you.

Cheers,

Nev.

DJ’s Timber
1st November 2012, 02:37 PM
Love it :2tsup:

Well deserved win

A Duke
1st November 2012, 02:38 PM
Congratulations.
It really looks good.
Regards

shedbound
1st November 2012, 02:40 PM
well done:2tsup:

Allan at Wallan
1st November 2012, 04:54 PM
Very creative and well done Nev.

Allan

MBM888
1st November 2012, 06:17 PM
Those flys will never know what hit them!:hooray:

TTIT
1st November 2012, 10:36 PM
Your mentor must be very proud Nev :2tsup: . . or wishing he hadn't got you started :; Very nice work mate! . . . . . . . but where's the Budgeroo? :o

Jonzjob
2nd November 2012, 05:16 AM
Does it work? Have you tried it with DDT or owt?

I like that and think you deserve yer 1st prize mate!:2tsup:

dr4g0nfly
2nd November 2012, 06:56 AM
I chased down a few Mossies with one of these in (many) years gone by.

But never one as pretty as this one, well done and well earned on the first placing deserved for the turning as much as the originality.

artme
2nd November 2012, 10:05 AM
Ripper!!!:clap::clap::clap::clap:

cqvillas
2nd November 2012, 01:48 PM
Your mentor must be very proud Nev :2tsup: . . or wishing he hadn't got you started :; Very nice work mate! . . . . . . . but where's the Budgeroo? :o

Thanks for the kind words everyone.
Well Vern, I haven't had a chance to make anything out of the Budgeroo yet, but that will all change when I take out the 100 mill
on Tuesday night :U

Christos
3rd November 2012, 07:06 AM
Truly amazing. :2tsup:

Drillit
3rd November 2012, 09:46 AM
Good one....very nice...dual purpose, if the mortein doesnt get 'em hit them with it, squisho. Drillit.