PDA

View Full Version : A few items

Dalboy
14th November 2012, 09:59 AM
As I have said elsewhere I had phone line problems which gave me time in the shed to make some Christmas presents.
So here are a few I have turned
First is a set of candle sticks (I can't take credit for the design) about 11" tall made from Ash and some left over mahogany.

The next are 2 sets of jewellery. The set on the right I may have posted before, anyway the left hand set is Cherry and the right is Yew

A salt and Pepper mill set made for my sister to give to my niece for Christmas made from Chestnut and stand about 7" tall

And finally A bowl for my mum to give to her friend again for Christmas. Made from Tulip wood and about 9" across

Well that's it for the moment

powderpost
14th November 2012, 11:32 AM
Nice stuff, you have been busy. :) :2tsup:
Jim

crowie
15th November 2012, 06:46 AM
You surely haven't wasted any of the down time Derek.
One would be very happy to receive such a beautiful hand-made gift for Christmas, well done.
Cheers, crowie

artme
15th November 2012, 07:20 AM
Nice work Derek!! I like the simple lines of your work here.:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

dr4g0nfly
15th November 2012, 07:39 AM
Well someone's been busy. A nice collection there, I'm sure some happy friends and relation this Christmas time.

You're going to have to explain the miniature Bangle type earrings. I can't see a jig that small in my mind's eye - so what's the trick please.

Dalboy
15th November 2012, 07:52 AM
Thank you all for the comments

Well someone's been busy. A nice collection there, I'm sure some happy friends and relation this Christmas time.

You're going to have to explain the miniature Bangle type earrings. I can't see a jig that small in my mind's eye - so what's the trick please.

The simple answer is double sided tape and very light cuts

dr4g0nfly
15th November 2012, 08:00 AM
Yep, I can see that. Thanks.

Dalboy
15th November 2012, 08:10 AM
forgot to mention The drilling of the small hole is done on the lathe as before very carefully as the eraing is domed like the pendant so the drill cuts on one side until it gets deep enough.

Like the saying "slowly slowly catchy monkey"