PDA

View Full Version : Toolmac 14" bandsaw

Warrangarree
2nd December 2012, 09:54 PM
Hi
I don't know if it is possible to get the manual for a Toolmac bandsaw 14".
I have just purchased a second hand Toolmac model 73-533101 and it shows its a 2006 model.
Would anyone have access to a manual for that saw?
Or is there a generic manual for this as it looks very similar to others I have seen?
Thanks for any advice!

richmond68
3rd December 2012, 07:35 PM
Toolmac is generic Taiwanese machinery, Grizzly normally have equivalent models and PDF manuals for download on their website. Try the G0555, G0555 The Ultimate 14" Bandsaw (http://www.grizzly.com/products/The-Ultimate-14-Bandsaw/G0555)

Warrangarree
3rd December 2012, 09:33 PM
Thanks, looks like what I want!! :U

bosox
4th December 2012, 04:33 AM
Did you start using your band saw already?

Warrangarree
4th December 2012, 05:15 PM
Did you start using your band saw already?

I am just setting it up. I have mounted it on a base with wheels as I have limited space.
It doesn't come with a fence but it seems a good saw 1HP and looks new.
It doesn't have guide bearings on the blade just plastic blocks that will eventually have to be replaced with new ones or a greasy wood.

Thanks for the help!

Cya Neil

bosox
5th December 2012, 01:36 AM
It's fine without the bearings. Guide blocks work well than bearings imho.
Techincally though, I think either work well as long as you maintain the saw
correctly.

chuck1
10th February 2013, 06:38 PM
I have a toolmac goes great! just replaced the blocks with bearing guide set from Carbatec it's even better for straight cuts now!

RedShirtGuy
22nd August 2013, 03:39 PM
I have a toolmac goes great! just replaced the blocks with bearing guide set from Carbatec it's even better for straight cuts now!

Dippy questions for chuck...you have the same bandsaw (73-533101)? And installed these CT guides Deluxe 14" Guide Set : CARBA-TEC (http://www.carbatec.com.au/deluxe-14-guide-set_c720)

Hoping to do the same thing but I can't see from the pic of the guides whether the bottom set will fit or not.