PDA

View Full Version : Scrolling School, Melbourne outer east

Iain
11th April 2005, 10:38 PM
Having pulled the pin on work and deciding to do sod all for a few years I have now reached the end of my tether and find myself bored silly.
To remedy this I am in the process of setting up a Scrollsaw school at my place offering one day programmes in the art of scrolling in all of it's forms.
Many are aware that I have spent considerable time in the past demonstrating for deWalt on their DW788 when it first arrived, and I still use this machine, I have also purchased a couple of GMC's and intend on obtaining a Delta so anyone interested can decide on the pro's and con's of whats available with a hands on approach.
I intend operating from 10am to approx 4.30pm and will be able to cater for up to 4 people at a time, a light lunch will be included for the days activities.
A full review of the day will be presented in text form as well as patterns and whats available to further your skills.
Anyone interested please send a PM.
Within the next couple of weeks I will have an advertisement on the suppliers list on this website.
We are located about midway between Dandenong and Phillip Island, about a one hour drive from Melbourne CBD, if the kids are likely to be bored they can go to any of the attractions in the area with the other half or join in for the day.
At this time I am anticpating the cost to be $95.00 per day including lunch, during this time we will review the mornings activities.

scooter
12th April 2005, 09:07 PM
Good on yer Iain, hope it works out for you.

Cheers.................Sean, scroll up :)

Iain
13th April 2005, 10:16 AM
I was unpacking the GMC yesterday and read the warning about loose clothing being caught on the blades which could result in loss of limbs..............never realised how dangerous scrollsaws could be :D

oges
13th April 2005, 07:50 PM
Best of luck with the venture Iain, if ever im down that way I will drop in for a look-see.

Re: the GMC warning, you just never know, there are a lot of idiots out there :p ... amazing it doesnt warn you not to use it in the bath :rolleyes: