PDA

View Full Version : And another one

brendan stemp
10th January 2013, 12:41 PM
But be warned; this this video is a bit boring.

Drilling Deep Holes on the Lathe - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCrETz4RTyM)

Scott
10th January 2013, 04:36 PM
Not boring at all, you can't buy this kind of advice. Very much appreciated that you've shared your expertise.

turnerted
10th January 2013, 04:54 PM
Interesting video Brendan . For some time I have been using a squirt of WD40 as a lubricant when boreing but will try the LO now .I also often use TC tipped forstner bits with an extension bar . Dirt cheap if you buy then on ebay.
Ted

mick59wests
10th January 2013, 06:23 PM
fantastic timing for me - I am just about to make my first salt n pepper grinders. I think I will go for small ones first off :)

cheers

Mick

brendan stemp
10th January 2013, 07:49 PM
Not boring at all, you can't buy this kind of advice.
The reference to "boring" was a bit of a pun... as in boring holes. :D Sorry, I know it was lame.

Scott
10th January 2013, 07:56 PM
The reference to "boring" was a bit of a pun... as in boring holes. :D Sorry, I know it was lame.

:B Umm, in that case, very lame!

Hardenfast
11th January 2013, 08:40 AM
Boring be buggered Brendan! See my nice alliteration there? :U

For those of us that haven't actually done any long-boring (but might aspire to one day - like Mick), this video is an invaluable starting reference on techniques & tips. Certainly better than the trial & error/error/error methods that I usually employ.

Much appreciated!

Wayne

mick61
12th January 2013, 11:27 PM
Gday Brendan good video I use a bit of bees wax on the drill bit.
Mick

wheelinround
13th January 2013, 10:56 AM
Brendan well done

The extended drill bit was that welded or silver solder?

With the video software in relation to (ooopps) not sure what your using but a decent software will allow removal and recording or voice dub over.

brendan stemp
13th January 2013, 11:57 AM
Brendan well done

The extended drill bit was that welded or silver solder?

With the video software in relation to (ooopps) not sure what your using but a decent software will allow removal and recording or voice dub over.

Most of the drill bits I use for the recorder making I inherited from the Morgan workshop. I am pretty sure they were silver soldered.

And thanks for the suggestion with the dub over. But it's a case of baby steps with me and the editing process. That and the fact I don't have a mic for the PC. Or perhaps I do. Maybe I can use the one I have for the camera?? Will look into it. Having said that, I don't mind the "ooops" caption.

ian thorn
13th January 2013, 05:21 PM
Thanks for that Brendon a good video with clear voice keep up the good work looking forward tothe next one