PDA

View Full Version : robo-rest

hughie
13th January 2013, 09:20 PM
I like the look of this one, simple and effective

Platform Sharpening with The Robo Rest by Reed Gray aka robo hippy - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQ7w6yFhw4c)

RETIRED
13th January 2013, 10:08 PM
Been looking at that since Reed out it up. Velly intelisting.

Wood Nut
13th January 2013, 10:56 PM
A great post Neil. Thank you

All I need is a couple of CBN wheels like him - no I won't be greedy, just one would do and the rest looks dead easy to make for someone like you. Maybe another Hughie special on the way.

I like its simplicity and have often thought about a large flat tool rest, although I'd have to make one out of timber.

Cheers,
Paul

ticklingmedusa
15th January 2013, 11:22 AM
Reed Gray has a sharpening jig on the market now.
See it here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39EgbIP8d2ghttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39EgbIP8d2g

Old Croc
15th January 2013, 02:03 PM
Hey John,
Someone else has already posted it below, and there is some discussion already on it.
rgds,
Crocy

Ed Reiss
15th January 2013, 02:15 PM
Good demo, Robo Hippy!

DJ’s Timber
15th January 2013, 03:53 PM
Two threads merged to keep it in one place :2tsup:

ticklingmedusa
15th January 2013, 06:52 PM
Apologies to the moderators,
Hi Ed & Croccy!

Ed Reiss
16th January 2013, 01:36 PM
Howdy John and Richard!

robo hippy
17th January 2013, 12:27 PM
I had fun making it, and think I got the simple and efficient part down fairly well. That keeps it cheap. I don't think shipping way down there would be practical. If some one is interested in making them there, you would need CNC laser and break/bending tools. You can PM me.

Trying to convert the woodturning world back to free hand turning, one turner at a time...... I blame it all on Stuart and Allen Batty when I took a 3 day workshop with them several years back.

robo hippy

artme
17th January 2013, 06:15 PM
Howdy John and Richard!

Good grief!! where did you spring from??

I was looking for your details a couple of weeks ago and found nowt!

Good to see you are alive and kicking. All the best for the year.:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Sawdust Maker
17th January 2013, 07:48 PM
Such a simple answer! a tool rest with easily resetable angles!:2tsup:

great idea and Mr Hippy I like what you've done here :2tsup::2tsup:

Ed Reiss
18th January 2013, 01:35 AM
Good grief!! where did you spring from??

I was looking for your details a couple of weeks ago and found nowt!

Good to see you are alive and kicking. All the best for the year.:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Hey Art...see what happens when the mods forget to lock the front door! Just about anyone can amble in! :o:D

Life has been kinda' like a roller coaster the last 9 months...will try to be more active in future. Happy New Year to you also.

Hughie and mods...apology for the hi-jack :B

hughie
18th January 2013, 07:24 AM
Life has been kinda' like a roller coaster the last 9 months...will try to be more active in future. Happy New Year to you also.
Hughie and mods...apology for the hi-jack

Ed,
no worries its good to see up and around again. I hope life settling back into a more even keel for you. :2tsup:

hughie
18th January 2013, 07:27 AM
I had fun making it, and think I got the simple and efficient part down fairly well. That keeps it cheap. I don't think shipping way down there would be practical. If some one is interested in making them there, you would need CNC laser and break/bending tools. You can PM me.

Trying to convert the woodturning world back to free hand turning, one turner at a time...... I blame it all on Stuart and Allen Batty when I took a 3 day workshop with them several years back.

robo hippy,

I really like the simplicity of the design and practical way of adjustment, all in all a good tool. I'm tempted to build something similar for myself down the track.

MAKEITOUTOFWOOD
20th January 2013, 10:43 AM
I bought 1 of Reeds Robo rests. I've been using it for the last week. :2tsup: I really like it. He's got a great product and it was worth every penny.

tdrumnut
20th January 2013, 10:54 AM
If anyone is thinking of making these I would be interested in purchasing one or two

cheers Rumnut