PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Australia Day Pen Swap Partner Listing

Pages : [1] 2

Scott
26th January 2013, 12:26 AM
Hi all, happy Australia Day!

:aussie5:

Here is the final listings for the Australia Day Pen swap. Each list was scientifically randomised using random.org's list randomiser (http://www.random.org/lists/). There are 84 partners and there will be 168 pens made. A big thank you to all those who have volunteered for extras, this year the overseas crew have come to the fore. All you have to do now is contact your partner, make your pen and send away. Sending bonus items is entirely up to you and your partner. Could all pen swaps be completed by the 31st of March and don't forget to post your booty on this thread. Go forth and make!

Registration page: http://www.woodworkforums.com/f206/2013-australia-day-pen-swap-162304/

Gezawa - mlloy23
aussiepens - sturina
HazzaB - Allan At Wallan
wood hacker - seriola
Ironwood - Homleigh
David Mitchell - Rippa
cookie48 - Big Shed
Pariss - dustyshed
mkypenturner - JACK HUNT
bdar - coffenup
Penturner - josquiggley
WoodWriteOz - stevo81
Sawdust Maker - flash880
Grommett - HazzaB
wm460 - boof910
Touchwood - dlbourke
Scott - bassmansimon
mannum3 - mt
Penpal - Christos
spankingpidgeon - mach70
AuS MaDDog - Beedeejay
Nai84 - tdrumnut
Simomatra - Jeff in Indiana
Touchwood - BSea
Grommett - STONEPECKER (Thomas)
Big Shed - qballizhere
Sawdust Maker - mackc
WoodWriteOz - STONEPECKER (Wayne)
bassmansimon - mmoncur
Scott - handyrn
flash880 - NewLondon88
spankingpidgeon - DaveJ07
mkypenturner - SDB777
Pariss - camoboy91
mannum3 - Gofer
Nai84 - sumterdad
Allan at Wallan - USNR'03
Ironwood - spanky239
cookie48 - MrPukaShell
Penturner - mmoncur
bdar - vanngo5d
dustyshed - Seer
Aus MaDDog - sumterdad
Christos - MarineRaider
Homeleigh - Panamag8tor
mt - hunter-27
seriola - dalecamino
mlloy23 - hobo1507
Gezawa - STONEPECKER (Wayne)
HazzaB - Michigan Mike
tdrumnut - spanky239
Dorno - Jmbaker79
David - Mitchell Bellsy
wood hacker - qballizhere
wm460 - leviblue
Rippa - seamus7227
bookend - Mr Vic
JACK HUNT - Trickrick
sturina - Wraith
corbs - SloLouie
coffenup - quister
aussiepens - MrPukaShell
boof910 - woodminister
Penpal - leviblue
dlbourke - woodwzrd
mach70 - Tdjumr
josquiggley - justturnin
Beedeejay - walshjp17
mick61 - turningbyrd
leviblue - turningbyrd
STONEPECKER (Thomas) - mmoncur
MarineRaider - Jeff in India
dalecamino - Jmbaker79
justturnin - Davej07
Bellsy - Seer
Mr Vic - vanngo5d
STONEPECKER (Wayne) - Wraith
turningbyrd - sumterdad
woodwzrd - woodminister
BSea - spanky239
hobo1507 - LL Woodworks
qballizhere - walshjp17
hunter-27 - camoboy91
handyrn - NewLondon88

Nai84
26th January 2013, 01:04 AM
I am onto it :-)

Pms sent :-)

USNR'03
26th January 2013, 06:11 AM
PM Sent Let's get this going!!!

Regards all.
Peter

corbs
26th January 2013, 08:20 AM
It's on like Donkey Kong... PM sent :D

Well done and thank you to all those involved in running this years swap both in front and behind the scenes :2tsup:

Wraith
26th January 2013, 08:29 AM
PMs sent, can't wait to get started.

Brian

mick61
26th January 2013, 09:41 AM
On to it turningbyrd needs to clear her inbox
Mick61

Perfect Pens
26th January 2013, 09:45 AM
Pm's sent to both my swap partners this morning :D

Thanks
Tony.

Simomatra
26th January 2013, 10:26 AM
PM Sent to Jeff thanks for organizing it Scott

Sawdust Maker
26th January 2013, 11:29 AM
Good work Scott :2tsup:

One PM sent and reply received - Young Mack in Canada

flash880 is going to be a problem :o His PM box is full:doh: I'll have to come up with plan B :rolleyes:

Scott
26th January 2013, 11:37 AM
Good work Scott :2tsup:

One PM sent and reply received - Young Mack in Canada

flash880 is going to be a problem :o His PM box is full:doh: I'll have to come up with plan B :rolleyes:

Cheers, thanks mate :) It took me a couple of hours to sort out the partners last night, I though it was going to be a little easier :-

Seems as though the new registrants who have one post only get an allowance of 1 PM, which i taken up by the 'Welcome to the Forums' PM. :doh:

I wonder if the mods can make an allowance some how, and expand the PM space for the newer registrations?

Other than than, if they have 'allow email from other forum members' ticked, you could email them?

tdrumnut
26th January 2013, 11:44 AM
Yeehaa pms sent. thanks to Scott for organising this

wood hacker
26th January 2013, 01:09 PM
Wooooohoooooo it's on again. PM's sent to my partners.

Big :2tsup: to Scott for organising this year.

cheers
WH

Ironwood
26th January 2013, 02:15 PM
I have sent both my partners a PM. Now to start on some pens :U

leviblue
26th January 2013, 03:07 PM
PM's sent :C I hope I didn't miss anyone.

Sawdust Maker
26th January 2013, 04:42 PM
Cheers, thanks mate :) It took me a couple of hours to sort out the partners last night, I though it was going to be a little easier :-

Seems as though the new registrants who have one post only get an allowance of 1 PM, which i taken up by the 'Welcome to the Forums' PM. :doh:

I wonder if the mods can make an allowance some how, and expand the PM space for the newer registrations?

Other than than, if they have 'allow email from other forum members' ticked, you could email them?

Can't remember how long it took me to set up the random number generator in excell but am sure didn't take a couple of hours

Anyway well organised - damned hard job isn't it! :U

flash880 and I are in contact, which is good - plan B wasn't needed

mmoncur
26th January 2013, 07:03 PM
So i'm listed three times -- that's fine, I volunteered for extras. Does that mean I send a pen to all three and receive one from all three?

Sorry, my first time!

Michael

PenTurner
26th January 2013, 08:26 PM
Yes, Michael, that is how it works:) Unless you want to send 3 to each person!:wink::rolleyes::):D Amos
PS Michael, is one of my swap partners--I am just encouraging him to send pens!!!!!:D Amos

Scott
26th January 2013, 09:59 PM
Hi all,

I've made a little boo, boo with one of the swaps. Can anyone take on an extra local (located in Australia) swap? If so, could you please PM me.

Thanks in advance :)

HazzaB
26th January 2013, 10:09 PM
Hey Scott,

put me down for the Extra,

HazzaB

Scott
26th January 2013, 10:10 PM
Hey Scott,

put me down for the Extra,

HazzaB

Awesome, thanks mate. Will PM you now.

HazzaB
27th January 2013, 12:29 AM
Hey there,

PM's sent to all swapees,

HazzaB

Scott
27th January 2013, 08:21 AM
Hi All,

A couple of new members have PM'd me to ask why they can't send PM's or asked how they can increase the number of PM's allowed in their inbox. Of course I can't answer them (I have tried) because their inbox is full with 1 PM. :~ Your allowance will increase once you contribute to a few more threads (not sure how much, maybe 5?).

Sorry however I think this is an anti-spam measure.

Scott
27th January 2013, 08:25 AM
Oh, I forgot! Sent PM's to Bassmansimon and Turningbyrd; looking forward to making your pens :)

sturina
27th January 2013, 06:04 PM
TWo emails sent and one received. Time to turn

corbs
27th January 2013, 07:13 PM
My pens finished :D, still waiting to hear back from my partner :)

Scott
27th January 2013, 07:21 PM
My pens finished :D, still waiting to hear back from my partner :)

Oooh, that was quick. I'm still debating what sort of timber I'm going to use.

So how does everyone approach this? Do you go the extra mile on your pen? For my overseas partner I'm definitely going to use something uniquely Australian timber wise.

corbs
27th January 2013, 07:50 PM
Oooh, that was quick. I'm still debating what sort of timber I'm going to use.

So how does everyone approach this? Do you go the extra mile on your pen? For my overseas partner I'm definitely going to use something uniquely Australian timber wise.

I have a course coming up which will take me away for two weeks so wanted to have my pen sorted before that came up. I have been working on this pen blank for about two weeks now. I figure the pen swap is an opportunity to push my limits and try new things. Without giving too much away, there are 20 different Australian woods in this years pen :o

I think the Australiana style pens are perfect for those swapping internationally :D

Ironwood
27th January 2013, 08:03 PM
I have had a return PM from Homeleigh, still waiting on a reply from Spanky239 .

I have made a start on both my pens, should have them done by the end of the week if the Gods are kind.

With my pens for swaps, I try to do something I haven't done before, gives me a chance to try something I might otherwise not do.
This year I am doing variations of something I have already done, both pens will be unique though.

cookie48
27th January 2013, 08:22 PM
I have contacted by pm both my swap partners. Await their reply as I type.
Talk about getting tough, I have been partnered with a moderator and long standing pen maker. Rekon I have a task in front of me, but hey you can only do your best.

Big Shed
27th January 2013, 08:34 PM
I have replied to a PM from my Oz partner and sent an email to my OS partner.

Now to make a couple of pens:wink:

mach70
27th January 2013, 08:46 PM
Well I have been contacted by one of my swap partners and sent a Pm to the other.

Now to work out what to do.

Luckily I spent the day cleaning the shed.

MrPukaShell
27th January 2013, 11:53 PM
Pm received and PM sent. Looking forward to this one. Now to put on the thinking cap.

Beedeejay
28th January 2013, 01:31 AM
Pm's sent to both my swap partners this morning :D

Thanks
Tony.

Contact made with Aus Maddog. Need to PM other partner in US, But all good, first time swapper soo looking forward to it!!! 1st partner is hour away, so good for a face to face swap, actually get to meet the man behind the lathe!!!!

vanngo5d
28th January 2013, 02:33 AM
Sent response to MrVic and sent message to bdar.

Don Vann

Grommett
28th January 2013, 08:37 AM
PM to Stonepecker. If you are checking this thread remember my PM to you probably hasn't got through, your inbox has no capacity till you have been on the forum and made about 5 posts. Can use email as an alternative. Look forward to making contact.

Allan at Wallan
28th January 2013, 09:39 AM
I have made contact with both partners, one in Virginia U.S.A. (USNR'03)
and HazzaB in Mandurah W.A. Harry has sold items to my late cousin
in Mandurah and still sees members of the family occasionally.

It's a small world and getting smaller by the day.:D

Will be on the lathe as soon as practicable and hope to have
successful swaps again this year.

Allan

WoodWriteOz
28th January 2013, 11:25 AM
Thank you Scott....well done. PM sent to one of my partners however Stonepecker needs to do some work on his Private Messages so I can contact him...George

SDB777
28th January 2013, 12:01 PM
Sent PM to my swap partner - mkypenturner

It'll take a few days just to figure out what I want to do.......hmmm, choices, choices, choices.
But it'll be fun!

Scott (maybe I'll do something like....) B

corbs
28th January 2013, 12:40 PM
Contact has been made, will try to get my pen off in the mail this week sometime :2tsup:

Ironwood
28th January 2013, 01:41 PM
Sent response to MrVic and sent message to bdar.

Don Vann

I hope Darren ( bdar ) is OK, they are having some major flooding in Bundaberg at the moment.
I think I heard it was expected to get higher than anything on record so far.

woodwzrd
28th January 2013, 03:00 PM
I got two partners. woohooo. now I hope my harware gets here soon so I can get turning.

justturnin
29th January 2013, 01:37 AM
I have been in contact w/ both of my swap partners.

Lets get reeeeeeeeady to make some shavings:yippy::yippee::clap3::ohyaaa::hpydans:

STONEPECKER
29th January 2013, 05:05 AM
Good day everyone.
Just a posting to let our swap mates know we have moved our mail into folders so we should be able to recieve more. We have replied to all mailings that we have recieved. We have a full life here and the cold is helping to keep us in the workshop. We both are attending a pen turning class next week to imporve our skills......we know it will pay off, in better pens to send out. Just give us a couple of weeks and we will have them done and ready for the mail.
Thank you everyone for sharing. Wayne and Thomas

cookie48
29th January 2013, 12:43 PM
Have got replies to my messages. Looking forward to making pens now.

Beedeejay
29th January 2013, 01:16 PM
Contact made with Aus Maddog. Need to PM other partner in US, But all good, first time swapper soo looking forward to it!!! 1st partner is hour away, so good for a face to face swap, actually get to meet the man behind the lathe!!!!

Both partners contacted, hoping to get next started next week,

PenTurner
29th January 2013, 02:39 PM
Both my partners have replied, and are communicating with me:)Amos

Perfect Pens
29th January 2013, 02:46 PM
:D In communication with both my partners :D

Cheers
Tony.

Simomatra
29th January 2013, 02:49 PM
Jeff and I have both swapped details :)

Rippa
31st January 2013, 01:32 AM
Swapped info with one of my parteners have not heard back from the other

Rippa

hobo1507
31st January 2013, 10:30 AM
PM received and sent to my swaps partner.

Dave

spankingpigeon
31st January 2013, 05:23 PM
Me to, Im still waiting on my overseas partner

Beedeejay
31st January 2013, 05:45 PM
Hi All,
Quick question,
What are the rules and regs' for sending blanks overseas? with customs and timber etc?

you can pm me to save filling up the thread or at least point me in the right direction to a tread,
Or maybe it needs to be on here somewhere for any other O/S posting newbies,
Cheers Ben

Ironwood
31st January 2013, 06:48 PM
As long as there is no bark, fungus, or borer holes etc. you should be right.
I have sent and received plenty of timber pen blanks overseas, and never had a problem.
I have never sent spalted blanks either, but I think I read that if they are stabilised, they should be OK.

Scott
31st January 2013, 07:09 PM
:whs:

leviblue
1st February 2013, 12:17 PM
Communicated with two of my three partners. Message pending a response. Pete, sorry I missed your call! :doh:

corbs
1st February 2013, 02:03 PM
My package is on its way to the States now :2tsup:

NewLondon88
1st February 2013, 02:30 PM
looks like I'm on the list twice..
.. and one of the partners is swapping
with Nick already?
I'm confused.. :?

Grommett
1st February 2013, 05:28 PM
Parcels to both swapees (is that a word?) sent today.

Cheers Michael

STONEPECKER
2nd February 2013, 10:08 AM
Just a note to the people we are swapping with. We have decided to make our pens from Minnesota wood. We ordered some Black Ash Burl blanks today. Several different colors beside natural. We will pick the best blanks for these pens. Now we just have to decide if we are making the same pen kit for all 5 pens.
On Monday, we will be taking a class to improve our skills at making pens. Next weekend we will begin to make them and get them out to our friends. We are both very excited to be included in this.

Wayne and Thomas

MrPukaShell
3rd February 2013, 12:44 PM
I have been in touch with my partners. So here are some teasers.

John,

I see you live in Sydney so that puts you close to the ocean. I too like the ocean and fish and kayak there several times a year. Surf fishing is fun but you have to keep an eye out for the waves.

Cookie,

It is just not as black & white for me with you just yet. But believe you me I am keeping an eye out for you.

Sounds like it is time to put a plan together. This is going to be fun. Now for some time in the shop.......

Jmbaker79
3rd February 2013, 03:11 PM
In touch with both partners, and am super excited to get to work on these! See ya on the other side!

leviblue
4th February 2013, 02:15 PM
with Nick already?

They may be on the list multiple times and are 1 of a few. I've got 3 to exchange with the and they have a couple as well. Just a thought.

Scott
4th February 2013, 06:26 PM
with Nick already?

Hi NewLondon,

When you signed up you indicated you wanted to swap with someone locally (U.S.) and someone from overseas. Your two partners, Flash880 and Handyrn are your partners. This means you'll swap with these two people. There are some members who will be doing 3 swaps due to the mismatch in numbers. This is why one or both of your partners will be swapping with someone else, try not to worry about these swaps and make contact with Handyrn and Flash880. If your having trouble, please feel free to PM me with any questions.

tdrumnut
4th February 2013, 06:44 PM
I have sent 2 pms to my swap partner (spanky239) and as yet have not had a reply.Anyone out there know her?. Maybe give her nudge.

Ironwood
4th February 2013, 08:53 PM
I have sent 2 pms to my swap partner (spanky239) and as yet have not had a reply.Anyone out there know her?. Maybe give her nudge.

Spanky239 is also one of my swap partners, I have received a reply to my PM that I sent.

leviblue
5th February 2013, 09:24 AM
Parcels went out today to Penpal (Pete) and Turningbyrd (Keith). Both partners answered reply's.
I have not heard from wm460 as of this posting. A PM was sent to them the same day as the others and another one was sent today.

NewLondon88
6th February 2013, 01:21 AM
Hi NewLondon,

When you signed up you indicated you wanted to swap with someone locally (U.S.) and someone from overseas.

I must need new glasses. I didn't realize the US/overseas question was how many swaps.
In previous swaps, it just indicated who didn't mind paying the extra postage. I was
indicating I could do either one.
I'm glad I didn't list each country!

leviblue
7th February 2013, 05:15 AM
All partners accounted for and communicated with. Wm460 and I exchanged information and heading out to the shop for a little spin. :D

Scott
7th February 2013, 06:16 PM
Two pens made and one already sent to Bassmansimon!

Some of you will be receiving your pens in the next week or so. Please show your appreciation by creating a new post with images of the pen and/or blank booty as well.

I've had a couple of emails already indicating some members haven't answered their PM's from their partners. Could you PLEASE contact your partners asap.

STONEPECKER
8th February 2013, 09:11 AM
Is there anyway to increase the storage of a persons mailbox? We recieve several e-mails telling us that we missed some mail because our mailbox was full.
We have moved what we can to folders. We have deleted what we can because of double information. We would still like to have more space to holdon to the information we need to complete the swaps.

Can anyone tell us what to do?
Thank you, Thomas and Wayne

Scott
8th February 2013, 09:27 AM
Hi Stonepecker, try getting the people who you are swapping with's email addresses. I also think that you have to delete your PM's rather than moving them to gain more space.

DJ’s Timber
8th February 2013, 09:28 AM
Is there anyway to increase the storage of a persons mailbox? We recieve several e-mails telling us that we missed some mail because our mailbox was full.
We have moved what we can to folders. We have deleted what we can because of double information. We would still like to have more space to holdon to the information we need to complete the swaps.

Can anyone tell us what to do?
Thank you, Thomas and Wayne

All PMs add to the quota, so any that are in inbox, sent and folders that you created are counted.

Seeing that you're a new member with a low post count, you're restricted to how many you can have as we get new members joining and trying to send spam via PMs, so to get by this we restrict them till you get your post count up to see that you're a genuine poster and not a spammer.

STONEPECKER
9th February 2013, 09:48 AM
Seeing that you're a new member with a low post count, you're restricted to how many you can have as we get new members joining and trying to send spam via PMs, so to get by this we restrict them till you get your post count up to see that you're a genuine poster and not a spammer.

EXCUSE ME??????

This makes no sense to me. You are restricting our "INBOX" till you decide that we are for real and not a spammer? Would it not make more sense to restrict the number of e-mails or the number of postings I may make in a day.

What is the number of postings a person has to make before their mailbox is increased? I really try not to make frivolous postings but I will follow the rules as they are.

Thank you everyone for the help. Wayne

DJ’s Timber
9th February 2013, 12:02 PM
That is the way it is Wayne but you're nearly there, in the meantime can you please stick to using standard size Font 2.

Wraith
9th February 2013, 12:45 PM
The plan is to make three award winning pens this week-end one for the IAP Birthday Bash contest and two for my swap partners.

Brian

cookie48
9th February 2013, 02:57 PM
Have made my pens for my swapee's (is that right???)
Just awaiting address from them and off they will go.

Grommett
9th February 2013, 03:24 PM
What is the number of postings a person has to make before their mailbox is increased? I really try not to make frivolous postings but I will follow the rules as they are.

Thank you everyone for the help. Wayne

Wayne from memory, faulty at best these days, once you have made ten posts your mailbox is freed up. You don't have to make frivolous posts, just hang out on the pen makers forum and you will find plenty to respond to, comment on, ask questions about.

Cheers Michael

leviblue
10th February 2013, 01:27 PM
I may have overlooked it, but has the new thread for posting received pens been started?

Scott
11th February 2013, 12:11 PM
I may have overlooked it, but has the new thread for posting received pens been started?

Just started one here leviblue:

http://www.woodworkforums.com/f206/show-us-yer-pens-2013-australia-day-pen-swap-166145/

Christos
13th February 2013, 09:03 PM
I have sent both pens to my partners, today. Both have been notified by PM prior to this post. :)

vanngo5d
21st February 2013, 01:50 PM
progress is being made and heard from all. Hopefully will get something out soon.

Don Vann

bdar
24th February 2013, 10:24 PM
Both pens are on their way to the recipients.

Nai84
2nd March 2013, 03:02 PM
My pens and blanks are on the way to Rumnut just wait on address for my other swappie ;-)

Ian

leviblue
3rd March 2013, 05:28 AM
Parcels went out today to Penpal (Pete) and Turningbyrd (Keith). Both partners answered reply's.
I have not heard from wm460 as of this posting. A PM was sent to them the same day as the others and another one was sent today.

WM460 (Mark) pen will be going out in the parcel this week.

All swap partners have been confirmed. Penpal and Turningbyrd have received their packages.

Thanks,

BSea
3rd March 2013, 03:39 PM
I finished the 2nd pen today. They'll be in the mail Monday or Tuesday.

tdrumnut
3rd March 2013, 09:03 PM
My pens are finished, packaged and ready to go, Nai84's will be posted tomorrow and just waiting for postal details from overseas partner and that package will be on its way as well.

Rumnut

spankingpigeon
6th March 2013, 10:39 PM
Well both of my partners pens have been made, packaged with blanks and sent.
Hope you like them guys.
didn't realize how much 1.5kg would cost to the USA :o lol

Nai84
8th March 2013, 12:58 PM
Both my swap are now completed and my OS partner stuff was posted of today ;-) thankyou guys for organising this fantastic swap ;-)

Ian

mkypenturner
8th March 2013, 07:50 PM
Well both of my partners pens have been made, packaged with blanks and sent.
Hope you like them guys.
didn't realize how much 1.5kg would cost to the USA :o lol
yep scary stuff as soon as it hits 500 grams they slug an extra $9 bucks , i been told since sept 11 they inspect nearly all mail

Wraith
10th March 2013, 02:56 AM
My first one is done and on it's way down under.

Brian

tdrumnut
11th March 2013, 04:50 PM
Second package posted today, on its way to Hawaii.

Rumnut

justturnin
15th March 2013, 09:58 PM
My first pen is done and will be in the mail by Monday to Australia. Working on my second pen to the US now. Should also post on Monday.

justturnin
23rd March 2013, 02:52 AM
Both of my pens went out Wednesday.

Nai84
23rd March 2013, 07:05 PM
Still haven't heard back from my OS pen swappie yet sent several emails and I have posted of my stuff to sumterdad

leviblue
25th March 2013, 09:11 AM
Okay, just so I'm clear. Each person listed is to swap with the person they are listed with. In my case, I had three listings and would send out three pens and receive three pens.

Is this correct? :?

Scott
25th March 2013, 09:22 AM
Okay, just so I'm clear. Each person listed is to swap with the person they are listed with. In my case, I had three listings and would send out three pens and receive three pens.

Is this correct? :?

Yes, that's correct. I'm a little surprised you're asking this question late in the game as you have a week or so to complete the swap. If you have any further questions could you please contact me directly.

leviblue
25th March 2013, 09:33 AM
OK, that's what I thought. I already sent mine out. :cool:

Scott
25th March 2013, 09:37 AM
OK, that's what I thought. I already sent mine out. :cool:

Oh, by the way, you should be receiving three pens as well!

Penpal
26th March 2013, 01:59 PM
I advised him I would be late early on due to ill health he must have forgotten. Levi Blue advise me on recieving I sent it registered.

Kind regards Peter.

DaveTTC
26th March 2013, 09:55 PM
This sou day like a really cool idea. Do you have another one planned soon?

I'm only just getting active on here now and would love to get involved.