PDA

View Full Version : The Woodturning Grandsons.

issatree
28th January 2013, 02:10 AM
Hi All,
Well they are all into it, like a duck to water. Even the 7 yr. Old is not to bad, although I haven't seen him in action.
No.3 is the one at the moment, but I really feel for him, as he was making His Mother a Pencil Holder out of a piece of Peach.
His one big problem is, his little fingers are not long enough to have a feel of the bottom.
So as His Mother or Father are there while the Youngest 3 are Turning, one of them has to have a feel for Him.
Of course they are learners too.
All in all, He did a great job of the Holder, being Approx. 5in. - 125mm. Deep, & 2½in. - 65mm. Outside Dia. & Finished it with Beeswax.
That will change eventually as I will get Them some Shellawax Cream as I have a spare jar
Hard to realise, just how good they are, & just in a few weeks.
Everything you tell the really sinks in.
Proud as Punch are we.

dr4g0nfly
28th January 2013, 04:06 AM
I'm not sure from your post if it was you or their parents that got them going, but well done the whole family, guess it's not just blood that runs in your veins, there's a little sawdust in the family genetics as well.

Get them signed up to the forum, then we can read about the 'Woodturners Granddad!':U

Ross
28th January 2013, 07:51 AM
Issatree

You forgot to attach the pic's.

Ross

issatree
28th January 2013, 08:24 PM
Hi to you Both,
Better tell the truth.
They don't have any of my Blood running through, but I call them My / Our Grandsons. I'm also a Pa not a Grandfather.
They are my Wife's Sons Boys.
I didn't get around to taking any Photos, but I will have to try next time I'm there.
Thank you for your replies.

Mulgabill
29th January 2013, 05:13 PM
Well done Lewis! Good to see that the lads are enjoying themselves:2tsup:

keltrader
2nd February 2013, 08:32 AM
It's not what's in a name. It's what's in a mans heart. Well done Pa.