PDA

View Full Version : Lawnmower Knob

Sawdust Maker
31st January 2013, 08:43 PM
Simply ages ago I lost the knob off the throttle control on me lawnmower

I at first wrapped electrical tape around it - didn't work too well.
Then I used the plastic knobby bit off one of those toggle clamps (http://www.carbatec.com.au/toggle-clamps_c8560) - well it fell off and disappeared

Scratching my head, wondering what else I could use, I had a flash of inspiration "make one ya twit!"

So here it is, my first woodturning for nearly two months (first for about 12 months if you leave out the pens)

Bit of fencepost from the barbi woodpile, ubeaut's shellawax

Ok it might be a bit of overkill (the original knob was prob 1/4 that size) but it works :2tsup:

wheelinround
31st January 2013, 08:57 PM
Nice work Nick it'll probably outlast the old mower.............you can show Sue when you bring it over................:rolleyes: might have forgot to tell you need to bring the lawn mower with you.

dr4g0nfly
1st February 2013, 05:48 AM
Overkill is good.

Now get back in that shed and turn something else!

dabbler
1st February 2013, 04:16 PM
Top marks.
Ya gotta love that brass (?) ferrule.

When the old one finally dies, any replacement mower will have to fit this handle.

chuck1
1st February 2013, 05:26 PM
nice! when will you change all the knobs over to timber!? :)

Christos
1st February 2013, 05:56 PM
This is a classic example of making something that is needed.

Now if people on the internet come to read this they might take up wood turning. :ohyaaa:

Sawdust Maker
1st February 2013, 06:36 PM
The ferrule is copper

Will only replace the knobs after they fall off and then only after a rew years :rolleyes:

The mower was bought in about 1978 still got years in it yet :D

NCArcher
1st February 2013, 08:15 PM
:2tsup:

Skew ChiDAMN!!
1st February 2013, 09:58 PM
Ok it might be a bit of overkill (the original knob was prob 1/4 that size) but it works :2tsup:

Overkill? Nar. Makes it easier to find the mower when it's lost in long grass. :wink:

wheelinround
2nd February 2013, 10:02 AM
This is a classic example of making something that is needed.

Now if people on the internet come to read this they might take up wood turning. :ohyaaa:

Not unless the forum opens photos to outside first Christos people are reluctant to join up just to see one post.