PDA

View Full Version : Little brag

Willy Nelson
8th February 2013, 12:31 AM
Just had my second wood work article printed in the UK magazine WoodTurning. Saw it last night, and just been advised that my third article is about to be published in the Australian Wood Review. My first, and in my opionion the best was an article I did for the Australian Wood Review on Carving and polishing burls

Willy
Published Wood Worker
Jarrahland

BobL
8th February 2013, 12:43 AM
Onya Willy! :2tsup:

dr4g0nfly
8th February 2013, 06:33 AM
Well done Willy.

I'm sat here with the latest mag on my lap looking, which article is it please?

artme
8th February 2013, 07:35 AM
Good stuphph Willy!!!:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Bluegum
8th February 2013, 10:32 AM
Well done Willy.

Sawdust Maker
8th February 2013, 01:15 PM
Well done!

so where's the copy?

Christos
8th February 2013, 02:03 PM
Will watch and wait for the next AWR magazine.

TTIT
8th February 2013, 10:43 PM
Congrats to ya! :2tsup: I'll keep an eye out for both mags :1eye:

Willy Nelson
9th February 2013, 01:34 PM
Page eight of the UK mag, Wood turning

Well done Willy.

I'm sat here with the latest mag on my lap looking, which article is it please?

dr4g0nfly
9th February 2013, 05:50 PM
Ah-ha, got it.

Sorry Willy, I did not clock your name at the end of the article, but thought is so funny I had to read it out to the wife to give her a chuckle too.

Willy Nelson
9th February 2013, 07:48 PM
Ah-ha, got it.

Sorry Willy, I did not clock your name at the end of the article, but thought is so funny I had to read it out to the wife to give her a chuckle too.

Yes, a little annoyed, I also sign as David 'Willy' Nelson, but they changed it. The article heading was changed as well from

'The Dangers of dust and portable respirators'

Glad you thought it funny, the punchline was also drastically changed, but won't mention it here. :B

Cheers

David 'Willy' Nelson
Jarrahland

smiife
9th February 2013, 08:25 PM
well done willy,can't wait to see that one ,
good to see you flying the flag globally:cool::aus:
cheers smiife:2tsup:

HazzaB
9th February 2013, 11:22 PM
Hey Dave (Willy)

Well done, have you run out of Burls Yet ??? Or better still have you run out of Storage :-) I could help if needed :-), good job on the article,

HazzaB

Willy Nelson
10th February 2013, 12:41 AM
Hello Mate
Yep just bought some more Jarrah burls. I thought I was getting Blackbutt and 1/2 back caps, but turned out to be another just another ton of WA firewood, or Jarrah Burl slabs to the easterners. :wink:

Bit tight for room, but that is another excuse to get out and turn, to make room. I threatened the kids with stacking burl slabs under their beds, they would never know.

Willy

Hey Dave (Willy)

Well done, have you run out of Burls Yet ??? Or better still have you run out of Storage :-) I could help if needed :-), good job on the article,

HazzaB