PDA

View Full Version : Wood collecting is a disease

Willy Nelson
11th February 2013, 11:20 PM
Good Evening Ladies and Gentlemen

Despite not really needing any more Jarrah burl, I got offered this lot at a price I couldn't walk away from, plus there was some Blackbutt burl as well, which I have never turned.

All up approx 1 ton plus 90 Lace Sheoak and 30 Marri boards. I left a few of them in slab form as I intend starting to make mirrors out of them, including 005 which looks like a butterfly.

Seems like for every 50 platters I turn, I end up buying, cutting or get given 100 burl blanks. I have threatened to store burl under the kids beds, they wouldn't know. Not playing as much volleyball at the moment so am getting a heap of turning done, done some rippers as well! Photos once I have finished oiling them
Cheers
Willy
Jarrahland

dr4g0nfly
12th February 2013, 07:12 AM
Okay, I'm jealous!

_fly_
12th February 2013, 07:33 AM
Yes, Its a disease.

And you catch it from these forums....

Your all infected.

Christos
12th February 2013, 08:07 AM
I agree it is a disease, but you do not have to keep all of them. Part of the cure is with sharing. :D

_fly_
12th February 2013, 08:20 AM
I agree it is a disease, but you do not have to keep all of them. Part of the cure is with sharing. :D

I agree, the easiest way to get rid of a cold is to go to work and give it to someone else.
Same thing applies with timber hoarding.

Share it around and you'll feel better, I guarantee it.

BobL
12th February 2013, 09:22 AM
Willi, let me know if I can help! :D

RecyclingKiwi
12th February 2013, 09:54 AM
I must admit - I "caught it" a few moons ago! - Loverly Haul!!

Head to Ebay or If they have an Auction process here and get it moved! - You wife will love you for it! Valentines day soon?? :D

Bruce White
12th February 2013, 10:05 AM
Lucky, lucky man Willy!

artme
12th February 2013, 04:20 PM
Good onya Willy>:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Wtsh there were more diseases as pleasurable!!:D:D

Sawdust Maker
12th February 2013, 05:50 PM
I'll be over in Perth in about a month - I'll gladly take a couple of pieces off your hands - in order to help with the cure as I am, of course, only thinking of your wellbeing! :2tsup:

Willy Nelson
12th February 2013, 07:18 PM
Wow
What a lot of generous people! I am overwhelmed with offers to rid myself of this affliction. Thank you all.

I shall now contemplate who are the most worthy recipients and burden them with my disease.

Cheers
Willy
jarrahland

smiife
12th February 2013, 08:00 PM
Despite not really needing any more Jarrah burl, I got offered this lot at a price I couldn't walk away from, plus there was some Blackbutt burl as well, which I have never turned.
Seems like for every 50 platters I turn, I end up buying, cutting or get given 100 burl blanks.

hi willy,
oh dear!!poor willy,!!!!!!!!!!:C i feel so sorry for you mate,please let me know if i
can help out in any way!!!!!!!!:;:;
i hope you get well soon:U
cheers smiife:2tsup:

Robson Valley
13th February 2013, 06:59 AM
Ah, Willy, settle down. You're not suffering from any sort of dementia except a bad case of Gloat. Be grateful for the economic value of the wood pile that seems to stream into your place. Please do show us a couple of projects some day.

For years, I have carved little else except what I see in chunks of Western Red Cedar. Sometimes that happens in a minute or less, other times, it takes months to "see" it. Never know what to expect. So, as you might imagine, I have WRC log chunks and 20+cm logs stacked all over the place, indoors and out. Where I live, it's abundant, good carving wood and free. If I tidy up a pile that has avalanched in the back yard and find a dog underneath, I'll quit.

So, you see, we're normal. Nobody will take us away.

dr4g0nfly
13th February 2013, 07:07 AM
Wow
What a lot of generous people! I am overwhelmed with offers to rid myself of this affliction. Thank you all.

I shall now contemplate who are the most worthy recipients and burden them with my disease.

Cheers
Willy
jarrahland

Damn and I live so very far away!

hughie
13th February 2013, 09:52 PM
Wow

:o OMG no. We have only your best at heart,I think I can say that we are all mortified to hear of this terrible malady has struck you down. So much so we are prepared to risk our own safety, life and limb as it where.