PDA

View Full Version : Woodturning House Sitter

brendan stemp
16th March 2013, 03:08 PM
Well this may be a first for the Forum and I hope it sits well with the mods.

We need someone to house sit while we are in England for 3 weeks in May and I thought someone interested in woodturning who would like 3 1/2 weeks use of my workshop and would like a break in rural Vic. might think this a good opportunity.

We live in western Victoria, 10 min. south of Horsham.

As i said, use of my workshop would be part of the deal which is why I am posting this info on this sub forum. I have 3 Vicmarc lathes, lots of tools to play with and plenty of wood that could be used.

But you need to love animals which is why we need a house sitter. There are 3 dogs, 7 cats (all cats live in an outside cat run, except one inside cat) lots of chooks and 3 horses(the horses will be looked after by someone else).

PM me if you are interested.

tdrumnut
16th March 2013, 04:14 PM
Ohhhh I am so tempted, now how do I convince SWMBO?

pommyphil
16th March 2013, 04:30 PM
that's a good offer Brendan, you might start a stempede.

sorry Phil

brendan stemp
16th March 2013, 05:56 PM
that's a good offer Brendan, you might start a stempede.

sorry Phil

Yes, you should be very sorry for that one.:D

_fly_
16th March 2013, 06:03 PM
What percentage of animals do I need to keep alive after the 3 weeks, Or are the cats to be fed to the dogs.

Only Joking...

Chesand
16th March 2013, 06:28 PM
I am going to be over there at the same time so that counts me out. I am not particularly partial to cats anyway.:wink:

doug3030
16th March 2013, 07:42 PM
that is a great offer Brendan, and very tempting. I will have to decline though as if I had access to three vicmarc lathes for that time it would inevitably cost me a royal fortune once I got to like them.

Doug :2tsup:

brendan stemp
23rd March 2013, 10:36 PM
This offer is still open as we haven't found anyone yet.

chuck1
24th March 2013, 10:03 AM
if only I didn't have a job! grew up on a small farm! any sheep that need freezing?

cookie48
24th March 2013, 01:52 PM
Two (2) things stop me from asking if I can.
1. A wife that said NO
2. I am a smoker (but only outside buildings)

_fly_
24th March 2013, 06:43 PM
I could have but I don't think my one cat is going to like living with 7 others.
He also has no concept of dogs as he lives in a court at the moment.