PDA

View Full Version : A big Thank You.

RETIRED
22nd March 2013, 09:11 PM
I would like to thank the 3 gentlemen who saved my life, my marriage and my money this week.

For a little background into how this came about, read on.

Unfortunately an acquaintance died last week or so and his widow asked a friend of mine to sell off his lathes (yes, lathes).

The lathes in question were removed from their normal place to said friends place where he put out feelers for who would like to purchase said items and I contemplated the purchase of one, but one should never contemplate or procrastinate in such matters.

I considered the risk to my health should I purchase said lathe ("You have 10 now,why do you need another?') and had decided that forgiveness would be easier to obtain than permission and that I should purchase one.

I had been beaten by 2 days when the first one went last Wednesday. Oh well 2 left so I shall ring friend and say I will take one but that had been sold as well yesterday.

Shee!

Ah well, one left. About to ring friend to take the last one and I got waylaid by more urgent matters and then found out that it too had been sold. Gees, a man can't take a trick.

Told my lovely wife the sad news and all she could say was that she loves you all.

You know who you are, you mongrels.:D

Enjoy your Stubbies.:2tsup:

RETIRED
22nd March 2013, 09:19 PM
P.S. You can stop grinning now too.

DJ’s Timber
22nd March 2013, 09:19 PM
So you won't be requiring me to pick one up and storing it for you till the heat wore off now then :U :q

RETIRED
22nd March 2013, 09:44 PM
Nope, another plan shot to hell.:wink:

Enfield Guy
22nd March 2013, 10:43 PM
Bugger!!

Grommett
22nd March 2013, 10:45 PM
You have 10. Sad (but somehow lucky). Still a stubby, hmmmmm.

artme
23rd March 2013, 09:18 AM
:roflmao::roflmao2:

Drillit
23rd March 2013, 09:26 AM
10 is metric. As an old imperial man, the target has to be 12, the round dozen so to speak, and then there is the baker's dozen 13.
Yes, I think 13 is the new target. Now if the 3 guys who bought the lathes resold them to you - voila - the baker's dozen. Of course,
if you buy 3 you should get a discount or a Tatts lotto ticket or 13. Lathes are like mushrooms they just pop up from time to time. Drillit.:D

jefferson
23rd March 2013, 10:12 AM
Glad to keep your finances and marraige intact, . The S750 has found a home here (but I only have 5 lathes, not 10 like some).

Pat
23rd March 2013, 11:47 AM
Glad to keep your finances and marraige intact, . The S750 has found a home here (but I only have 5 lathes, not 10 like some).

So you finally got a Stubby Jeff, 5 lathes, all top of the wozza. :2tsup:

jefferson
23rd March 2013, 01:19 PM
Yes Pat, the Stubby finally arrived. It will look out of place amid a sea of blue Vicmarcs.

Problem is - now I have to start turning bowls and platters, not just boxes and pens.

No doubt will get to play on it one day and spread the shavings far and wide in the shed. :D

brendan stemp
23rd March 2013, 02:12 PM
So who died, if that's not too insensitive a question.

And what sort of Stubbies were they? I know one was the 750, what were the other 2?

Tim the Timber Turner
23rd March 2013, 03:09 PM

Wasn't me.

I don't own any stubbies.

I'm "blue" through and through.

Cheers

Tim:)

nz_carver
23rd March 2013, 05:27 PM
So you got a stubby jeff when?
Rembember it's a 750:B
Didn't your lovely wife say no you don't need it when I asked can you have one ?
I will me a mate and look after that nice vl300 for you.

jefferson
23rd March 2013, 06:18 PM
Picking the S750 up on Tuesday. And no, the LB VL300 is not for sale or loan, sorry Dave. I'm making do with what I have until the VL 600 comes out. Then the hard sell begins! :wink:

issatree
24th March 2013, 02:02 AM
Hi All,
You People are way off the numbers, as I know of a Chap, & at last count had 17.
There are 2 Big Stubbies in that lot, 1 has the LLoonngg Bed.

RETIRED
24th March 2013, 01:02 PM
An apology for an error on my part.

Said acquaintance is not dead but very ill with a tumour. I apologise if this has caused any grief.

cookie48
24th March 2013, 01:50 PM
All I want is a lathe so I can do some bigger work.
do you have a lathe sitting around???????

nz_carver
24th March 2013, 01:56 PM

And what sort of Stubbies were they? I know one was the 750, what were the other 2?
No one died just another turner was in bad health and wanted to move them on well he was still with us to homes were they will be loved,

there was 3
1 750 about 3 hrs use in it
1 nugget a weekends use in it.
1 100s never used still had controls in bubble rap

jeff when what's the swing on the VL 600 when it hits market ?
can I put my name down for the 300 if it ever goes on sale?

is it not 11 lathes at this point in time?

jefferson
24th March 2013, 02:46 PM
Sorry Dave, I collect lathes, I don't get rid of them. As for the swing on the VL 600, I imagine it will turn 1.2m in diameter!

RETIRED
24th March 2013, 08:02 PM
Play nicely kiddies.:D

dai sensei
24th March 2013, 10:25 PM
I don't suppose Julie didn't buy one as a secret gift :rolleyes:

That would be wishful thinking :U

nz_carver
24th March 2013, 11:02 PM
I was saying to if he got one Julie may end up with a open Acc at spotlight :U