PDA

View Full Version : Lamp kits

daryl1
25th March 2013, 05:51 PM
Does anyone know of a supplier in Australia who stock the lamp making kits. I am making a bedside lamp and need the globe bayonet, lead with switch and 2/3 pin plug piece etc.
appreciate your advice

_fly_
25th March 2013, 05:59 PM
try the leadlight shops in your area.
We used to get them there.

Pat
25th March 2013, 06:58 PM
S/E Qld Woodworking supplies (http://www.woodworkingsuppliesqld.com.au/product_info.php?cPath=10&products_id=418)

chuck1
25th March 2013, 07:15 PM
I get mine from lighting shop and it was cheaper than electric wholesaler! not much choice

daryl1
27th March 2013, 07:32 AM
Thank you for your information. I have now been able to source the kits withnthenhelp,of your responses. Once again, many thanks for your help.
regards

DaveTTC
27th March 2013, 03:54 PM
I'm interested in this too if there happens to be more responses.

Mobyturns
28th March 2013, 09:02 AM
Ive used ones from SE Qld Woodworking Supplies and I think Jim Carroll stocks them as well. Used to be available in white or black.

chuck1
28th March 2013, 03:21 PM
if selling your lamps they need to be tagged and tested which was really annoying till work sent me to do the course! some shops won't even look at selling them with out it!

DaveTTC
28th March 2013, 04:37 PM
if selling your lamps they need to be tagged and tested which was really annoying till work sent me to do the course! some shops won't even look at selling them with out it!

So there's no problem taggi g and testing your own gear if you e done the course?

dabbler
28th March 2013, 04:59 PM
What did you pay for the course ? I guess you might have already had sufficient test gear ?

We had to get a number of items tagged/tested recently. Cost us $50 for 10, $5 each for extras. Nice enough guy - did 12 for the $50.

chuck1
28th March 2013, 07:40 PM
yes you can test your items if it's wired wrong it comes up on machine also spoke to a sparky and with the lamps it's only 2 wires, the trap is extension leads and reverse polarity. the course was $250 for the day in N.S.W DIFFERENT LAWS IN OTHER STATES.I was lucky and work paid for it. but the testing machine is $700 plus its got to be checked calibrated every year!and because I'm not a sparky I can't test R.C.Ds

KBs PensNmore
28th March 2013, 10:45 PM
Check out the big green shed (Bunnings) they should have the components, not as a kit though!!!!
I get mine from the local Mitre 10, as bunnies don't give us seniors discount.
Kryn

turnerted
29th March 2013, 04:25 PM
You can buy all the bits for lamps from Woodturning Supplies Pty Ltd in Brisbane.
They will sell a complete kit or you can buy the components . I usually buy the nipples from them,the lamp holder from Bunnies and cut the leads of TVs sitting on the nature strip for council cleanups.
Ted