PDA

View Full Version : Ok I'll go first...

Kev Y.
29th April 2005, 10:50 AM
Last friday was a momentous occasion for me, after two years I finally concluded the setlement of the "ex" and my property. She got the property, and I had to settle for that :(

I did how ever manage to retain all my precious woodworking tools, and a modest piece of my super ;)

As I am sure a few of you would be aware this was not a pleasant experience for either side and I for one am pleased it is over. ( however I am sure the solicitors are not as happy :) )

all that is left is to find a wisard and witchdoctor to break the spell cast 24 years ago, I think that form is in the mail as we speak :o :cool:

Now on to a new chapter in my life :cool:

WANTED

SINGLE GOOD LOOKING WOMAN WITH A GARAGE.
MUST BE ABLE TO COOK,CLEAN AND ENJOY WOODWORK.
SEND NAME ADDRESS AND PHOTO (OF GARAGE) :D :D

outback
29th April 2005, 12:27 PM
Glad to see you aren't bitter and twisted over this. the important thing is get right back in the game. I sense your confidence is somewhat shaken, you should be asking for a 100 X 60 shed, not a garage. :D

Congratulations, or commiserations, whichever you feel suits the occasion.

Forest Gump
29th April 2005, 02:21 PM
I have just gone through the same process. Took about a year to get it all sorted out. Now I have a house with large single garage, never had that before. The best part is, the only person I have to justify a purchase too is myself.

The worst part is she's always at me about doing small jobs for her for nothing. These are the jobs she never appreciated me doing when we were married.

Daniel

Iain
29th April 2005, 05:15 PM
It is written that property settlement is like a gold mine, the wife gets the gold and the husband gets the shaft......no smilies, been there done that.
One consolation, I got off my bum and started again while she got the house, car, boat etc etc etc etc and a goodly portion of my pay.
I now have my own place again and two cars, heaps of nice gear, too many bloody horses and a nice collection of reds and a few antiques, she meanwhile lives in a housing commission flat.
That to me warrants a nice big :D and a :p .
Not being petty but it takes a big bit out of your life and a fair bit of dedication with some support to get over it.

graemet
29th April 2005, 09:54 PM
Been there, Done that, Got the T-shirt! As was quoted to me at the time, "Love is grand, divorce is a hundred grand" . (Or more)
BUT, like Iain, in the six years following, I've bounced back almost to where I was financially after 55 years.
Keep smiling Brudda. Things can only get better!
Cheers,
Graeme

vsquizz
30th April 2005, 12:03 AM
WANTED

SINGLE GOOD LOOKING WOMAN WITH A GARAGE.
MUST BE ABLE TO COOK,CLEAN AND ENJOY WOODWORK.
SEND NAME ADDRESS AND PHOTO (OF GARAGE) :D :DMore information please Tony, you need to add:

Must have own foily:D

Once bitten twice shy, welcome to the club. Not an easy time...go make some sawdust.

Cheers

maglite
30th April 2005, 01:13 AM
Brudda, my lawyer asked me on a Friday to think of this over the weekend and i quote "how much are you willing to pay, so that you never have to have
anything to do with her anymore":confused:
It was a small fortune and it was worth every single cent!!!!
Its only money after all:rolleyes:
It must have been Karma cos i was at the pub the following weekend and i got talking to this girl......she sat back and listened.....and listened....and listened....amazing how easy it is to chat with a stranger, i found that it helps to talk about your experiences sometimes.......she must have liked it.....we celebrated our 2nd anniversary in January.:D

Iain
30th April 2005, 08:26 AM
I suspect Kev's one regret at the moment is the bloody big hangover he's got after the end of proceedings, apart from that I think he is bouncing back well.
Now, if he would just answer his bloody phone...................

Kev Y.
30th April 2005, 08:45 AM
Thanks guys.. Life is certianly getting better every day, The point about not having to justify things with or to another is a big plus.. (Just got back from QLD on thursday and off to South Oz next fiday).

Strangly enough, I am amazed at how much more "disposable income" I have left each week now. and that is after making the support payments, paying bills and stocking the pantry.

Iain, that ringing, I thought it was in my ears, didnt give the phone a second thought, then again I couldnt find it hidden in all this mess :p

Iain
30th April 2005, 08:52 AM
You also forgot to mention the sporty little car you bought, midlife crisis or just testing the springs on the trampoline of life :D

Daddles
1st May 2005, 03:23 PM
Yeah, well I'm right in the middle of it. Twelve months after the breakup. The ex has grabbed my little girl and I haven't seen her in over four weeks - bearing in mind that I was the full time carer of the kids until the break and have had her half time till last month. Finally getting things to court this week but have a feeling it'll be going nowhere.

I can see lawyers getting all of my property settlement. Still, could be worse, I've still got my son (from a previous effort) and the cat still loves me.

Richard

gatiep
11th June 2005, 12:40 AM
Iain, that ringing, I thought it was in my ears, didnt give the phone a second thought, then again I couldnt find it hidden in all this mess :p

Kev;) :rolleyes: :cool:

Brudda seems like your own little world is in a mess mate. Lucky they know you there! :D

Iain
15th June 2005, 10:45 AM
Just got this sent to me, passing it on....