PDA

View Full Version : QLD:Swap Want Huon - Have many desert timbers and others

TTIT
18th April 2013, 10:25 PM
Looking for a chunk of Huon Pine about 3" or 4" square or bigger for a turned box.

Can provide just about any Aussie desert timber in return - or any of about 100 other species!!! :B

dai sensei
18th April 2013, 10:27 PM
What thickness (or 3rd dimension anyway)? Plain, figured, or birdseye?

TTIT
19th April 2013, 09:26 PM
What thickness (or 3rd dimension anyway)? Plain, figured, or birdseye?About 3" or 4" or more that way too Neil. Grain is unimportant as this one is all about the smell - although a bit of figure wouldn't go astray :B I actually have a piece here that is big enough but it came from the top of a stump that had been dumped in a paddock for several decades and quite apart from the cracking, a lot of the oil seems to have evaporated and you can barely smell it at all. Thanks for having a look :2tsup:

dai sensei
20th April 2013, 04:33 PM
I checked my stacks of HP and the largest thick piece I have is a 6"x3" and ~1m long. It has a bit of figure around a knot, where a small chunk has fallen out, but not much else. I can take a photo if you want. Could easily cut it too, but 3" would only produce a small box.

How much of a hurry are you in?

Are you coming down to WWW show this year? Perhaps you could have a look whilst down here, unless a better piece is available there of course.

Cheers

rowie
26th April 2013, 04:48 AM
Looking for a chunk of Huon Pine about 3" or 4" square or bigger for a turned box.

Can provide just about any Aussie desert timber in return - or any of about 100 other species!!! :B

I can help you out TTIT:; I have 4 consecutive blanks 4'x4''6'' long. No figure as such, its straight grained dense stuff cut in mid 80's, destined for ship building, which has been in my personal 'keeper':wink: stash for about 10 years. Oh... and it stills smells:roll: I may also be able to add some timbers to your own box stash and egg collection as well

TTIT
26th April 2013, 10:06 PM
..............Are you coming down to WWW show this year? Perhaps you could have a look whilst down here, unless a better piece is available there of course.
CheersProbably won't make the trip this year - got all my big toys now :)

I can help you out TTIT:; I have 4 consecutive blanks 4'x4''6'' long. No figure as such, its straight grained dense stuff cut in mid 80's, destined for ship building, which has been in my personal 'keeper':wink: stash for about 10 years. Oh... and it stills smells:roll: I may also be able to add some timbers to your own box stash and egg collection as wellSounds excellent :2tsup: PM comin'atcha!

Howard Combes
9th November 2013, 06:32 PM
I may be able to assist, what length do you want.

TTIT
9th November 2013, 10:02 PM
I may be able to assist, what length do you want.Already done and dusted Howard - the box is in the clients apartment in New York now! (old thread!) Thanks for the offer anyway :2tsup: