PDA

View Full Version : P&N @ Hare & Forbes 15% off

Sawdust Maker
7th May 2013, 04:06 PM
Apparently Hare & Forbes are going to discontinue stocking P&N chisels
all stock left is at a 15% discount

not much stock left some scrapers, bowl gouges, detail gouges and spindle gouges. Various sizes all handled

I dunno whether it's the same at the other MachineryHouse stores

apparently they'll be stocking some English chisels

Usual disclaimer - no connection just happened to be there for something else (oh and I did find that a smallish scraper followed me home)

wheelinround
7th May 2013, 04:16 PM
Typical isn't it help a mate out and what does he do not even phone, SMS or buy a stash and bring them round for you.

Thanks for heads up now just have to work out how to get LOML .............no will ring and order them I think site unseen and I do mean site not sight cause if I go there :B

NeilS
9th May 2013, 09:21 PM
I can recommend the P&N Roughing Gouge (http://www.machineryhouse.com.au/W666). I have and love their 32mm, but the 25mm would also be an excellent SRG. The tangs on these gouges are ground from the same solid bar stock from which the gouge is ground and are very hefty, as is the whole gouge.

PS - the flutes on P&N gouges come with milling grooves that should be polished out to optimise their performance

Sawdust Maker
11th May 2013, 09:08 AM
They didn't have any roughing gouges as I would have grabbed a big one if they did. The 32mm would be handy doing pens :D