PDA

View Full Version : Help required with Thicknesser

Mick4412
16th August 2002, 07:52 PM
Just took delivery of a 15" thicknesser - the one Carba-tec had on special during July - came with a 2HP Dust extractor. Apart from having to send the first one delivered back to Carba-tec ( the oil from the gear box was in the bottom of the packing case when I opened it, but Carba-tec had a second machine out to me very quickly) I have started to asemble it. It weighs the proverbial ton,and to put the PLaner onto the base, it is recommended that pieces of wood be put on the table, then the Cutter head lowered to hold the wood - which is then used as handles to lift the Cutter assembly.
My problem : the cutter head needs first to be raised. I have loosened the Locking knobs, but am reluctant to use force to turn the Height adjusting handle.
I can wait until the morning to go to Carba-tec, but am keemn to get my new toy into operation.
Any Clues ???

Zsteve
19th August 2002, 02:32 PM
Mick,
The height adjustment wheel should turn reasonably easily. By the sound of your description it doesn't. May be a misalignment with the chain and one of the sprockets (underneath) which turn when you move the hand wheel. Let me know what carba tec say

regards
Stephen

Mick4412
19th August 2002, 02:41 PM
Went to Carba-tec first thing Saturday morning. Spoke to Paul -Owner ? of Carba-tec, who took about 30 secs to sort out my problem. Unit was still on packing - and polystyrine had worked its way up onto the chain height adjustment mechanism.
Levered the unit off the packing, placed some lengths of timber under it, and problem solved.